Yellow jackets - cab screens ????

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

M700man

Does anyone know if there is a screen kit for a 742 Bobcat ? I know the plexiglas is available, but as hot as it is, especially sitting in a Bobcat, that's not a practical solution. Any ideas ????? John

M700man

roll o screen and velcro ? or my fav screen n duct tape Jeff
Thanks for the reply, Jeff. Hmmmm.......... well, perhaps something a little more weather resistant ? As usual, I'm trying to put 5#'s in a 2# sack! I had kicked around the idea of having a buddy of mine, who owns a screen shop, make me some up that would fit the contours of the ROPS, but window screen might be too flimsy. Most of the time I am clearing brush, right where those evildoers are likely to be found. Although, I did find one right at the corner of a carport, once. The seat of a Bobcat is NOT the ideal place to be when you strir these varmints up ! At 51, I don't move quite as quick as I use to! I would like to be able to remove the screens from time to time. I don't know, but there has to be a practical solution. John

siduramaxde

Thanks for the reply, Jeff. Hmmmm.......... well, perhaps something a little more weather resistant ? As usual, I'm trying to put 5#'s in a 2# sack! I had kicked around the idea of having a buddy of mine, who owns a screen shop, make me some up that would fit the contours of the ROPS, but window screen might be too flimsy. Most of the time I am clearing brush, right where those evildoers are likely to be found. Although, I did find one right at the corner of a carport, once. The seat of a Bobcat is NOT the ideal place to be when you strir these varmints up ! At 51, I don't move quite as quick as I use to! I would like to be able to remove the screens from time to time. I don't know, but there has to be a practical solution. John
The solution is to trade your current machine in on a machine with A/C and enclosed cab. You will not regret it if you do make the switch.

M700man

The solution is to trade your current machine in on a machine with A/C and enclosed cab. You will not regret it if you do make the switch.
No doubt that's a foolproof solution !! LOL. I am getting closer to doing that, just hate to make the investment. Thanks, John