yanmar 4TN82E-SP oil dipstick needed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jchilcot

On my john deere 675b, the oil dipstick broke where its riveted together in the middle. John Deere doesn't sell them any more and I cant find one on ebay. I know this engine was used in some other brands as well. Hopefully someone knows where I can get one. I lost the piece so I cant even make a suitable replacement. Or if someone knows the measurement for the length I can make one. Thanks

akprb

Mine just broke as well. 7 years after yours but same problem :) Bad design. How did you get the lower piece out? Did you manage to find a part number for a replacement or do you know how long it is? Thanks!

Attachments

• Dipstick 4TN82E.jpg
    Dipstick 4TN82E.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 79

Scooby

Mine just broke as well. 7 years after yours but same problem :) Bad design. How did you get the lower piece out? Did you manage to find a part number for a replacement or do you know how long it is? Thanks!
Hi thanks for the picture. I've cant add a picture of the length for you, my phone wont let me but the overall length of the bottom piece is 15 inches or 381mm, the distance from end of the overlap to the bottom of the dipstick is 14 and 1/8 , (7/8" overlap for the rivets)27" overall. Can you tell me the distance to from the rivet nearest the dipstick cup to the underside of the cup please. The cup is loose on mine so I'm not sure how far to push it in . Hope this helps