WVRoger

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

WVRoger

Howdy to all the fine folks here at Skidsteerforum! I reside in Morgantown Wv and use my 751 Skid steer to clear a new parcel of land I recently purchased. As with most homesteaders I have to do the service and maintenance on my machines or I could not afford to run them. I have the 751 bobcat, Komatsu excavator, international backhoe, john Deere dozer and a case farm tractor.

OP
OP
W

WVRoger

I wanted to share a service that was completed on my 751 Bobcat requiring the lift control valve seals to be replaced. As always we reviewed the available videos on Utube for this repair and made the decision not to remove the hardware between the pedals and the valve for access. We disassembled the valve in place and had to only remove the hydraulic tank feed to the pump. We removed the valve parts toward the rear of the machine and had the two hydraulic control modules/shafts out in about 20 minutes. The rebuild would seem to be a cut and dry operation but we ran into a problem with the spring and ball alignment hardware. I had purchased replacement balls and seals from a skid steer parts supplier and we did not purchase the spring compression tool shown on Utube ($145). We tried the optional method of channel locks and grease to hold the balls on each side of the shaft compressing the internal sling in order to skid on the cap. After multiple failed attempts we decided to try the old spring and it worked flawlessly. We compressed the new spring full and used a micrometer to measure it. The result was with the new spring fully compressed it would not allow the balls to have the shaft end cover skid onto it. It became obvious that the springs had 2 too many coils and thus the spring was 1/4 inch longer. I am writing this to you so you are aware of this issue and when trying to fix this common Bobcat hydraulic Control Valve problem you need to be aware of and prepared to improvise.