Won't start - 443 w/Kubota engine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

prodeal.dk

Any tips for this problem? My "new" 443 won't start unless I spray diesel-start in the air intake and even then it is not easy to make it catch. When it is running it is going very well and when hot I can start it, no problem. But not when it is cold. I have reconnected the glow plugs. The previous owner had done some very creative wiring and they did not come on until the startermotor was turned... (The button was deficient). Now I can turn them on independent of the starter but they do not seem to make any difference. It is obvious that they draw power (instrument lights dim when the button is activated) but maybe they are blown somehow and don't heat properly. How do I check them? It is a 3-cyl Kubota engine, thanks. j.

Tazza

Staff member
Well, you may not be glowing it long enough. Mine really wants about 30 seconds and its happy. That said, you may as well check them out. Remove them from the head, hook them up to a battery sepeartly, they should glow red hot, if not it will need to be replaced.

Eric

Well, you may not be glowing it long enough. Mine really wants about 30 seconds and its happy. That said, you may as well check them out. Remove them from the head, hook them up to a battery sepeartly, they should glow red hot, if not it will need to be replaced.
I have never ran a 443 but I have recently
ran a 463. I experianced this problem of
being unable to get the engine running after
flipping it on its side. Well when it fell on
its right side my leg had hit the right steering
lever and locked the auxilary hydraulics in the on
position. This is a normal function of the 463 when you are using certain attachements that you want to stay on.This will not allow the engine to start.
Try pulling the right steering lever inward toward
your leg and make sure it is not locked in
the on position. I bet this is the problem. Good luck!