windows rattling-need new felt in grooves

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lonewolf

To anyone that has a problem with the felt being worn out in the window grooves.I have a 2005 T300 and my windows rattled terribly. The felt was worn out in the window grooves and made a constant noise when I was moving. I had no luck at my local bobcat dealer with finding anything that would work besides replacing the windows. I found a place to get the felt to go in the grooves of the windows. The website is Sutherland Felt Co. They sell a felt tape strip that is sold by the roll, and it has an adhesive to hold it in the groove. You can get it in many widths. It is in Detroit, MI. Google their site and call them and tell them your problem and what you need and they will get you fixed up. I took the windows to my local autobody repair and they installed the new felt. Works great now, no rattles. Also installed new window rubber for the back windows between the window and the cage. Got that from allskidsteers.com. It also has an adhesive backing. They sell it by the foot.

melli

Thanks for the research...I had some rattling between windows and frame (metal)...I used clear liquid silicone...it snuck in the gap and cured. No more rattle and leaks...

lesgawlik

Thanks for the research...I had some rattling between windows and frame (metal)...I used clear liquid silicone...it snuck in the gap and cured. No more rattle and leaks...
What width did you buy? Was it the correct width, or do you think that you would have better off with a different size? How much did you buy? I have a T200 that drives us nuts with rattling, so I'm very interested in fixing it.

OP
OP
L

lonewolf

What width did you buy? Was it the correct width, or do you think that you would have better off with a different size? How much did you buy? I have a T200 that drives us nuts with rattling, so I'm very interested in fixing it.
My autobody pal ordered the new felt. It is about 1 1/4 wide and they had to buy four rolls to get it. They put it in and the excess they trimed off after they put it in. My windows are very tight now and very hard to slide-but better than for them to rattle. I am hoping that with running the machine and vibrating the felt will loosen or flatten out some so as to not make them as hard to slide. I don't know the thickness that they ordered. If the felt would have not been as thick the windows would slide easier. Don't know if you can get a thinner type than what I have. The website is Sutherland Felt Company. Just google it and it will come up. My pal had called them and told them what I needed and went from there. The rolls I bought were about $20 each. But it was better than buying new windows. I don't know how long the rolls were. My windows drove me crazy rattling also.

siduramaxde

My autobody pal ordered the new felt. It is about 1 1/4 wide and they had to buy four rolls to get it. They put it in and the excess they trimed off after they put it in. My windows are very tight now and very hard to slide-but better than for them to rattle. I am hoping that with running the machine and vibrating the felt will loosen or flatten out some so as to not make them as hard to slide. I don't know the thickness that they ordered. If the felt would have not been as thick the windows would slide easier. Don't know if you can get a thinner type than what I have. The website is Sutherland Felt Company. Just google it and it will come up. My pal had called them and told them what I needed and went from there. The rolls I bought were about $20 each. But it was better than buying new windows. I don't know how long the rolls were. My windows drove me crazy rattling also.
I just used weather strip from a home entry door. I think I paid $8 for it and I used 3M double sided tape. No more rattles