Why..........853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

I thought about this a couple of times......
Why does the hyd. fluid reservoir feed directly into the hydrostatic drive without being filtered first. I even thought about installing one.

Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Well it does have a screen where you pour the oil in doesn't it? I know my 743 has.
The oil gets filtered when it goes through the case drain lines and through the oil cooler. Ideally there will be no particles in the tank. The only point it can get them is from moving pumps like the pumps/cylinders and motors. So i guess it makes sense the filters are after these in the system.

OP
OP
P

perry

Well it does have a screen where you pour the oil in doesn't it? I know my 743 has.
The oil gets filtered when it goes through the case drain lines and through the oil cooler. Ideally there will be no particles in the tank. The only point it can get them is from moving pumps like the pumps/cylinders and motors. So i guess it makes sense the filters are after these in the system.
Yes, It just seems like a better filler filter is needed with the possibility of fine grit clogging up the spools.

Thanks