Which auxiliary attachments will work with 722 Skid Steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ChandlerW

For the 722 skid steer with a hydro-static setup, I've been told that any attachment that requires the skid steer to be in motion, like a broom or bush hog won't work. But auxiliary attachments that don't require movement would work. Like an auger. Any truth to those statements?

Tazza

Staff member
That is news to me too, i'd like to think it would work just the same as other machines would.
You don't have full power if you operate different hydraulic functions at the same time, like lift/tilt/aux, but this does not apply to drive/one other function.

SkidRoe

That is news to me too, i'd like to think it would work just the same as other machines would.
You don't have full power if you operate different hydraulic functions at the same time, like lift/tilt/aux, but this does not apply to drive/one other function.
I know a few people with 722's, and I have never heard them mention anything about this.
The only thing the drive and aux systems share is the reservoir, everything else is separate.
Cheers - SR

flyerdan

I know a few people with 722's, and I have never heard them mention anything about this.
The only thing the drive and aux systems share is the reservoir, everything else is separate.
Cheers - SR
The aux. circuit runs off the same vane pump that operates the lift and tilt, so while it can affect the power going to the drive by a small amount, it should in no way render it unable to move. I can see where you can't operate high flow attachments, as that feature came out much later and the 700-722 series only had about 9 gpm flow at the aux., if I recall correctly without getting the book out.