Where's the horn button on a T180?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobbie-g

I have the Selectable Joystick Controls (newer style, lotsa buttons). The manual is not clear about which one is the horn button. I have a horn installed, but can't get it to sound. I desperately need to install an Ooogah horn to make the T180 completely functional :) To trouble shoot the existing installation, it would be easier if I knew which button should make it honk. Many tnx for the help with this critical function......... :) ---RC

mistersweeper

I don't know about the T180 but on my A300 it is on the left hand joystick, round shape, operated with index finger underneath (in trigger on a gun position)

OP
OP
bobbie-g

bobbie-g

I don't know about the T180 but on my A300 it is on the left hand joystick, round shape, operated with index finger underneath (in trigger on a gun position)
Tnx, I'll give it a shot when I get over to the shop tomorrow. I have it torn apart at the moment at a machinist's shop (not for the horn fix!). :) ---RC

OP
OP
bobbie-g

bobbie-g

Tnx, I'll give it a shot when I get over to the shop tomorrow. I have it torn apart at the moment at a machinist's shop (not for the horn fix!). :) ---RC
Trigger under the left index finger does not make the horn go beep. My joystick controls are the new variety, the handful of plastic is triangular, not round like my older sticks in my 751. Only 4 wires coming out of each joystick, so we know immediately that there is not a wire for each switch function (since there are maybe 8 switch functions on each joystick). Probably a computer lurking inside each joystick. So still no horn. I need to disconnect power to the horn right at the horn and see if pulling the trigger produces 12V. Glad it's just the horn that's not working.... :) ---RC