Where is the sending Unit?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

qtband

I lifted the cab so I could check out the fuel tank sending unit. I expected it to be on top. Don't tell me it's on the back side. I can't even find wires coming from the tanks to test it/ Anyone have any info? Take a look... https://kendieckmann.wixsite.com/mysite

OP
OP
qtband

qtband

Is that a steel tank? My 742 has a plastic tank with top mounted sender.
I have a fuel gauge on the upper dash. Who knows what someone else has done to the machine. The serial number says 5018-M-15032. I find it odd that there is a gauge with no sender. I wonder what part is original.

OP
OP
qtband

qtband

I have a fuel gauge on the upper dash. Who knows what someone else has done to the machine. The serial number says 5018-M-15032. I find it odd that there is a gauge with no sender. I wonder what part is original.
It's a steel tank.

OP
OP
qtband

qtband

It's a steel tank.
Posting this for others... I had a steel tank and it had no sending unit. I bought a sending unit and a gauge from Ebay for under $20. I took the tank out, drained it and let it sit for 24 hours. Then I cut a hole in the top corner of the tank to allow for the sending unit. I used self tapping screws to hold it in. I used a vacuum through that hole to suck up any debris. Also used a magnet. Put it back in, ran 1 wire from the sending unit to the gauge and everything works. Pretty easy fix if yours doesn't have a sending unit.

flyerdan

Posting this for others... I had a steel tank and it had no sending unit. I bought a sending unit and a gauge from Ebay for under $20. I took the tank out, drained it and let it sit for 24 hours. Then I cut a hole in the top corner of the tank to allow for the sending unit. I used self tapping screws to hold it in. I used a vacuum through that hole to suck up any debris. Also used a magnet. Put it back in, ran 1 wire from the sending unit to the gauge and everything works. Pretty easy fix if yours doesn't have a sending unit.
Good deal that you were able to get that done fairly easily. The only thing I would have done differently would be to use closed end pop rivets instead of sheet metal screws. They won't leak or loosen up; true, they will need to be drilled out to get the sender out, but that should be rare.

make it work

Good deal that you were able to get that done fairly easily. The only thing I would have done differently would be to use closed end pop rivets instead of sheet metal screws. They won't leak or loosen up; true, they will need to be drilled out to get the sender out, but that should be rare.
I have a Bobcat 2013 T770 and am looking for my fuel sender unit as well, or at least the wires to test it. The service manual shows access to the sender when the engine is pulled and I was hoping like crazy I could find it without doing that.

Latest posts