where is my fuse box?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jrise

I purchased a 2003 753 ( i believe a G ) a week ago. The front lights do not work but all the ethers do. The bulbs are good but it is not getting any power. I assume there must be a fuse box but i can not find it anywhere. I have been on line and read, under the air cleaner, to the right of the motor, behind the seat but nothing. I have lifted the cab, looked all over the motor compartment but again nothing. Can anyone help me. I can supply a VIN# if that will help. Thanks, James ( this is my first skid steer )

Tazza

Staff member
Check behind the cab near the rear window, is there a cover with a bulge in it? the fuses can be here or between your feet on the plate that the steering levers come out of. Hopefully it's at one of those locations.

OP
OP
J

jrise

Check behind the cab near the rear window, is there a cover with a bulge in it? the fuses can be here or between your feet on the plate that the steering levers come out of. Hopefully it's at one of those locations.
Tazza, Found it!!! Thank you. I saw the metal cover but being from the world of vintage cars and motorcycles I figured it would not be under a metal plate. Swapped out a relay and the lights work. There is a lot of moister in there so I will need a new cover and to do some cleaning. Thanks again. James

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, Found it!!! Thank you. I saw the metal cover but being from the world of vintage cars and motorcycles I figured it would not be under a metal plate. Swapped out a relay and the lights work. There is a lot of moister in there so I will need a new cover and to do some cleaning. Thanks again. James
Glad it was easy to find.
If there was moisture in there, you may want to remove the fuses one by one and blow the sockets out with air and use dielectric grease to stop them corroding.

OP
OP
J

jrise

Glad it was easy to find.
If there was moisture in there, you may want to remove the fuses one by one and blow the sockets out with air and use dielectric grease to stop them corroding.
I purchased a new fuse cover with gasket for it yesterday. The old one was rusted through with pin holes. I and getting new spade fuses and cleaning the old block. I will be using the grease on all the terminals. Thanks again!