Wheels flipped on an 863?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobbie-g

How to say this: looks like each of the wheels on my new-to-me 863 have been rotated 180 degrees, maybe to make the rig narrower. I'm assuming I can just rotate each wheel on the axle to restore the wider footprint (to make the tread go in the right direction, I'd have to swap the tires left to right also. All the pix I see have the lug bolts set quite a ways inside the outer edge of the rim, but these are right out near the edge. Hope that makes sense. :) ---RC

mrfixitpaul

They must be the optional offset wheels. As you said, they are used to make the machine narrower. You probably can't just turn them around, as the lug nuts won't seat properly and won't stay tight. It would also make the machine quite a bit wider than normal.

skidsteer.ca

They must be the optional offset wheels. As you said, they are used to make the machine narrower. You probably can't just turn them around, as the lug nuts won't seat properly and won't stay tight. It would also make the machine quite a bit wider than normal.
Often they can be flipped on many makes/models, but you would want to look at how they fit and make sure they will tighten down properly and then watch them. Are the valve stems in or out right now?
Many of the newer wheels has a center made from flat steel. Often the old wheels had bump pressed in them to stiffen them and those are the ones you need to watch.
Ken

OP
OP
bobbie-g

bobbie-g

Often they can be flipped on many makes/models, but you would want to look at how they fit and make sure they will tighten down properly and then watch them. Are the valve stems in or out right now?
Many of the newer wheels has a center made from flat steel. Often the old wheels had bump pressed in them to stiffen them and those are the ones you need to watch.
Ken
Ken and Paul, tnx for the info. Very helpful. Bobcat wants around $200 per rim for new ones. Ouch. Found the following on the web:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230611778786
Each weighs over 40 lbs, vs 39 lbs for the gen-u-ine Bobcat item. So I conclude they are on par with the Bobcat ones. Anyone have any experience with these? :) ---RC

skidsteer.ca

Ken and Paul, tnx for the info. Very helpful. Bobcat wants around $200 per rim for new ones. Ouch. Found the following on the web:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230611778786
Each weighs over 40 lbs, vs 39 lbs for the gen-u-ine Bobcat item. So I conclude they are on par with the Bobcat ones. Anyone have any experience with these? :) ---RC
That looks like the correct wheel for a 853 863. Great deal.
They where offset to the inside a bit and required a 2" spacer for tracks or flipping them. Those don't have the flat center disc though. You would want to check your overall width if you flip them, the machine will likely be 6" wider.
Ken