Whats the difference?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

primebeef

Between the enclosed cab from skid steer solutions vs the one from Northern tool? The one from northern tool is cheaper, and they both made from 40-mil clear vinyl. I'm use to plowing snow with an open cab, so anything will be a big help for me.

jklingel

If you are used to plowing w/ no cab, may I suggest staying that way? I've longed for a heated cab now and then, but then I jump out to do something for a few minutes, and am glad I am dressed right. Also, I find myself getting out of the cab a lot with the boom part way up, and a door would not open then. I would never spend money on a cab, myself. Just food for thought. Heat would be nice now and then, though. j

AZ skidmark

If you are used to plowing w/ no cab, may I suggest staying that way? I've longed for a heated cab now and then, but then I jump out to do something for a few minutes, and am glad I am dressed right. Also, I find myself getting out of the cab a lot with the boom part way up, and a door would not open then. I would never spend money on a cab, myself. Just food for thought. Heat would be nice now and then, though. j
I just pulled the door off my 863 so I could get out with the boom up. Much happier now.

jerry

I just pulled the door off my 863 so I could get out with the boom up. Much happier now.
I have put the heavy clear vinyl from Wal-Mart on the two last skidsteers just on the sides makes a world of difference. Costs maybe $8 to do it, use gorilla tape or duct tape to apply and it lasts for several years. I don't take it off here in the summer because we have so little really hot weather. It is about .040 thick and $3 per 54 inch yard.