What Year did the Hyd Fan come out ?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

toohp

Hi , just wondering what year did they go from the fan belt drive gearbox to the Hyd fan & on what models ? S185 etc ? I'm thinking about updating from my Old 763 , The thing I want most in another machine is Quietness . ( Even thou mine's Insulated ) Regards Toohp

mrdeere1959

the early S185's had the belt drive, you can't really go be year just look at the machine your interested in

skidsteer.ca

the early S185's had the belt drive, you can't really go be year just look at the machine your interested in
My 2006 s185 was a hydraulic drive, ( not sure if that was the first year or not) they really are not that much quieter outside imo, all of a sudden the fan will spool up to full speed and the roar of the air startles me every so often, always seem to happen when you are really concentrating on the task at hand.
What helps the most is the sound deadening foam and seals that some packages come with. and they are quieter inside.
The fan will still roar when it kicks into hi gear though.

Ken

OP
OP
toohp

toohp

My 2006 s185 was a hydraulic drive, ( not sure if that was the first year or not) they really are not that much quieter outside imo, all of a sudden the fan will spool up to full speed and the roar of the air startles me every so often, always seem to happen when you are really concentrating on the task at hand.
What helps the most is the sound deadening foam and seals that some packages come with. and they are quieter inside.
The fan will still roar when it kicks into hi gear though.

Ken
Thanks for that , my dealer couldn't tell me . I replaced my fan gearbox last year , made some difference but my machine is still too loud . The Insulation must have lost it's quality's , had someone put a noise device in the cab and read 97 db !! My cab is enclosed , it's not too bad with the door off . Met someone that bought a new 2010 s185 and it's so quiet , fantastic . Cheers