what skider attachment(s) should I consider first to make $$

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

donald73d

So I am considering trying to make some $$ with my skider starting this spring and would like suggestions on what one or two attachments I should start with? Do I go after dirt driveway work? Or soil or pounding posts?

skidsteer.ca

That is hard to say without knowing your area and what you intend to do.
I'm assuming you have a bucket already, a set of fork is likely the next most usefull thing.
For myself it was the backhoe, for water lines, trenching, pulling stumps and rocks, A hoe has alot more breakout force the just the loader does.
Next was a auger, sonotubes, setting posts or building poles, planting trees.
But it is really a matter of figuring out what your area needs,
Ken

Bobcatdan

That is hard to say without knowing your area and what you intend to do.
I'm assuming you have a bucket already, a set of fork is likely the next most usefull thing.
For myself it was the backhoe, for water lines, trenching, pulling stumps and rocks, A hoe has alot more breakout force the just the loader does.
Next was a auger, sonotubes, setting posts or building poles, planting trees.
But it is really a matter of figuring out what your area needs,
Ken
Well let me think, I would say a brush cutter would be a good money maker, go out and clear over grown fields with it. Lets see what eles, maybe a stump grinder and do stumps. You could get a breaker and do removeals of driveways and other concert. Those are the most general all around attachments. Everything eles kinda works into an over all business modle.

SkidRoe

Since I bought my auger, it has become a real crowd pleaser in my neighbourhood. Setting posts is relatively easy work that many people think is more complicated than it really is.
My $0.02,

SolarMike

Since I bought my auger, it has become a real crowd pleaser in my neighbourhood. Setting posts is relatively easy work that many people think is more complicated than it really is.
My $0.02,
I think the highest margin work for a skid steer operator is agriculture/game fence. My father recently had some done, we got qouts from several installers and considering the mark up, I could have bought the equipment for my skid and saved money. I have been considering do this part time becuase it's so profitable. Your retired from IBM, do you live in the tripple cities?

Latest posts