What size?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

phk_xb

Hi, I am looking to get a skidsteer to do work on my lot in the early spring. I was originally leaning towards an 8000lbs excavator which I rented to try out, the TB235 worked great at digging out the stumps.
But now im looking into a skidsteer with a backhoe attachment as it will do more for me then just dig the footers. The major jobs I will be doing are digging 4 foot footers, backfilling and landscaping. If i had forks I would unload the delivery trucks.
When Im done the work on the lot I will mostly do some snow removal, until I start my next house in a few years. I have operated skidsteers before at work and around my parents house. So im asking what size machine and how hard is it to find the right backhoe to fit them.
I would llike to spend $15000 for both the skidsteer and backhoe attachment. Just to show you guys whats around me with a few hours drive.
http://newbrunswick.kijiji.ca/c-car...eavy-equipment-Bob-cat-943-W0QQAdIdZ247019295
http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-...-with-snow-plow-and-bucket-W0QQAdIdZ249225336
The local bobcat dealer which is 2 1/2 hours away has a 811 backhoe for $7500 which has about 50hours.

skidsteer.ca

The 900 series are far less common and therefore much more expensive for parts.
The 643 is a good machine even even though it is getting older that one looks clean, if the mechaincals match the paint it is a decent example. Not sure how they are with a hoe. A 753 is a 1300 lb ratedloader and about the smallest I'd recoment hanging a 909 or 709 hoe on. The 763 handles one much better especially with some steel tracks to add weight.
I'd recomend staying in the 700 and 800 series if possible. A little newer and big enough to run most attachments and get something done.
Ken

OP
OP
P

phk_xb

The 900 series are far less common and therefore much more expensive for parts.
The 643 is a good machine even even though it is getting older that one looks clean, if the mechaincals match the paint it is a decent example. Not sure how they are with a hoe. A 753 is a 1300 lb ratedloader and about the smallest I'd recoment hanging a 909 or 709 hoe on. The 763 handles one much better especially with some steel tracks to add weight.
I'd recomend staying in the 700 and 800 series if possible. A little newer and big enough to run most attachments and get something done.
Ken
Thanks for the input! There is also a 773 but if it runs like it looks i wont touch it. Is there specific things to look over when looking at a skidsteer?
Also, how do you tip the cab up? When looking at the bobcat backhoe do the 709 fit the 7 series, 909 fit the 9 sereies and so on? http://newbrunswick.kijiji.ca/c-buy...ent-2003-bobcat-skid-steer-W0QQAdIdZ241190061 I also found this which would be great but i'll have to find out about importing them to Canada. http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7475575
I did read on here about the 900 series being more expensive do to the lack of them, and that setup would be over my towing limit. Also what kind of paper work would come with a skidsteer? As I would like to put a General Transport plate on it for the road. Sorry for all the questions!

skidsteer.ca

Thanks for the input! There is also a 773 but if it runs like it looks i wont touch it. Is there specific things to look over when looking at a skidsteer?
Also, how do you tip the cab up? When looking at the bobcat backhoe do the 709 fit the 7 series, 909 fit the 9 sereies and so on? http://newbrunswick.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-tools-equipment-2003-bobcat-skid-steer-W0QQAdIdZ241190061 I also found this which would be great but i'll have to find out about importing them to Canada. http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7475575
I did read on here about the 900 series being more expensive do to the lack of them, and that setup would be over my towing limit. Also what kind of paper work would come with a skidsteer? As I would like to put a General Transport plate on it for the road. Sorry for all the questions!
That 773 woud not be worth the trouble if it was free.
Kijiji: 2003 bobcat skid steer
At least they painted the wheels, wonder how bad they looked before and how thin they are??
Believe it or not skidsteers can and do rust out if used in a corosive environment or towed on salt covered roads. If it looks like that on the outside, it looks like that everywhere the oil can't touch it. Cabs rust through. Oil coolers and steel hydraulic lines and valves rust through or leak because the seal surface rusts and is not smooth.
There is a nut in each front corner of the cab that holds the cab down. A 3/4" wrench opens it up.
Look at the pins for play, do they have any grease around them. If they never greased it did they ever change oil then, etc. Does the loader squeek when you lift the boom or tilt the bucket. Do the quick attach handles come up to remove the bucket? Does the bucket fit tight on the quick attach? Can you try the aux hydraulics out to be sure they start and stop like they should.
Look undeneath for any oil drips.
How does it start when cold and how long does it run before the engine smooths out and it begins to run smooth. How much blow by does it have.
Finally how does it operate. Does it creep when it should sit still? Is it smooth and reponsive. Will it push hard enough to spin the tires with ease? Drive forward and back in a straight line at full speed?
Lift the tires up and see if the axel scan be pushed sideway (should be less then .010" end play) or the axels bearings are begining to go. Also rotate the tire forward and reverse by hand to see how much play is in each drive chain. @ 3" backand forth on the face of the tire is about right.
The 909 is the same size hoe as the 709 but older. Has the 2" trailer balls to steady it just inside the boom. Both we used on the 700 class loaders. The 09 is the depth itcan dig, 9 ft.
The 8809 (I think that the number) and 8811 where used on the 800 series machine , and dig 9 and 11 ft
The 709 is steadied with hooks on the outside of the boom and is a little easier to get on and off.
There is no title on a skidsteer and a smv sign is all we need to drive one on the road in Ontario. Just like a tractor.
If you have a chance you can give me a call so we can talk in person. Busy today but after that woud be ok
Ken
www.skidsteer.ca

Kermode

That 773 woud not be worth the trouble if it was free.

At least they painted the wheels, wonder how bad they looked before and how thin they are??
Believe it or not skidsteers can and do rust out if used in a corosive environment or towed on salt covered roads. If it looks like that on the outside, it looks like that everywhere the oil can't touch it. Cabs rust through. Oil coolers and steel hydraulic lines and valves rust through or leak because the seal surface rusts and is not smooth.
There is a nut in each front corner of the cab that holds the cab down. A 3/4" wrench opens it up.
Look at the pins for play, do they have any grease around them. If they never greased it did they ever change oil then, etc. Does the loader squeek when you lift the boom or tilt the bucket. Do the quick attach handles come up to remove the bucket? Does the bucket fit tight on the quick attach? Can you try the aux hydraulics out to be sure they start and stop like they should.
Look undeneath for any oil drips.
How does it start when cold and how long does it run before the engine smooths out and it begins to run smooth. How much blow by does it have.
Finally how does it operate. Does it creep when it should sit still? Is it smooth and reponsive. Will it push hard enough to spin the tires with ease? Drive forward and back in a straight line at full speed?
Lift the tires up and see if the axel scan be pushed sideway (should be less then .010" end play) or the axels bearings are begining to go. Also rotate the tire forward and reverse by hand to see how much play is in each drive chain. @ 3" backand forth on the face of the tire is about right.
The 909 is the same size hoe as the 709 but older. Has the 2" trailer balls to steady it just inside the boom. Both we used on the 700 class loaders. The 09 is the depth itcan dig, 9 ft.
The 8809 (I think that the number) and 8811 where used on the 800 series machine , and dig 9 and 11 ft
The 709 is steadied with hooks on the outside of the boom and is a little easier to get on and off.
There is no title on a skidsteer and a smv sign is all we need to drive one on the road in Ontario. Just like a tractor.
If you have a chance you can give me a call so we can talk in person. Busy today but after that woud be ok
Ken
www.skidsteer.ca
Nice rust job. Looks like standard Bobcat paint to me. I would run, not walk, away from that deal. Every bolt on that thing will be rusted solid. To the point: An 811 backhoe is heavy. I have one that I ran on my 853 and now I run it on my S185. Both machines are maxed out for weight with it on. Back wheels off the ground half the time. If you do buy an 811 backhoe you need at least a 853 to hang it on. An 863 or 873 would be better.