What part is this? On tilt cylinder return line, not in parts manual.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wateka

Any ideas? It's from the return line of my 853 tilt cylinder, but the parts manual shows nothing. It is attached to hose part 6578773 but Bobcat doesn't sell that hose anymore so I couldn't reverse search Bobcat parts website to see if other models used it. I'm guessing it's a flow restrictor but searching the parts catalog only finds a restrictor in the control valve. Aftermarket? Needed? I'm in the reassembly stage of my top to bottom 853 rebuild that came with a blown engine, so I have never seen the cylinder (or any other part of the Bobcat) in action.
IMG_0918.jpeg

IMG_0086.jpeg

IMG_0914.jpeg

IMG_0917.jpeg

IMG_0916.jpeg

Lowe.Buuck

It looks like a one way flow restrictor. This would allow full flow in one direction and would limit flow in the other.

As installed, it would limit flow when you retract that cylinder. Did that cylinder move faster on extend and slower on retract?

If that is actually what it is, someone may have added it for more precise control.

Example video -

OP
OP
wateka

wateka

Thanks - I think that's exactly what it is. Just a ball restrictor in my unit instead of a metal plate, as shown in the video. Since I've never seen the cylinder in action, and it's not a stock item, I will leave it out of my reassembly. I know at some point my Bobcat was owned by the University of Georgia, and based on the below article I found searching for "one way flow restrictor" , it could have been added by them as a safety measure.

https://www.ccohs.ca/otherhsinfo/alerts/alert42.txt

Jyuma1

Use caution. If it is a simply flow restrictor, there may be a good reason to restrict the flow. For example: My backhoe attachment has flow restrictors on both lines to the swing cylinders. It is done to limit the speed at which the swing moves. I assumed it was done to prevent high speed swing all the way to the end, with a full bucket. If the cylinder hits the full extension at high speed with a full bucket you run the risk of blowing out the endcap of the cylinder. Ask me how I know.