What is Sound cab???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

siduramaxde

Can someone explain to me what is installed into a Bobcat to make it have "Sound Cab"? My T200 has cab, heat, radio and A/C but I'm always wishing it wasn't so loud in the cab. I have to have the radio so loud just to hear it over the loader. Is sound cab just more insulation installed in the cab? And if so, where is the insulation added???

thetool

It's a bunch of heavy foam, mainly on the floorpan, side panels down by your legs, and the chaincase hump. Just about every place you see sheet metal, while sitting in the cab, is covered with foam, like 3/4 inch thick with a vinyl skin bonded to it.
There's also some foam blocks in the frame, about where your knees are. Guys that are on the phone and radio a lot like it. It's also a little better with dust, and a little better in the cold.

OP
OP
S

siduramaxde

It's a bunch of heavy foam, mainly on the floorpan, side panels down by your legs, and the chaincase hump. Just about every place you see sheet metal, while sitting in the cab, is covered with foam, like 3/4 inch thick with a vinyl skin bonded to it.
There's also some foam blocks in the frame, about where your knees are. Guys that are on the phone and radio a lot like it. It's also a little better with dust, and a little better in the cold.
Can this be bought from Bobcat?????
Thanks for the fast reply!!!

thetool

Can this be bought from Bobcat?????
Thanks for the fast reply!!!
I'm sure you can buy it from Bobcat. It's a factory option, but I don't know if they offer a field-intall kit, or whether you have to buy all the individual pieces.

OP
OP
S

siduramaxde

I'm sure you can buy it from Bobcat. It's a factory option, but I don't know if they offer a field-intall kit, or whether you have to buy all the individual pieces.
I checked at my dealer and there is a kit you can buy to add "sound cab" to your machine for $550. I'm starting to think Bobcat must make all their money on parts.

Tazza

Staff member
I checked at my dealer and there is a kit you can buy to add "sound cab" to your machine for $550. I'm starting to think Bobcat must make all their money on parts.
You just worked that out? :)
I have to admit, some parts are reasonably priced, especially the high volume ones like filters, caps and belts. Things that move slowly will naturally be more expensive as they would only turn them over a few times a year if they are lucky.