what grease do yoiu use?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OldMachinist

I use a high performance mult-purpose lithium grease and grease all points every fuel fill. I know others will chime in that they use lithium grease with moly but I just don't like the black mess it makes.

Fishfiles

I use a high performance mult-purpose lithium grease and grease all points every fuel fill. I know others will chime in that they use lithium grease with moly but I just don't like the black mess it makes.
Your right about moly being messy and hard to clean up , but it is good stuff , I seen some demos using dry moly verus grease , and it's amazing what it can do ---------I read a story on moly and found that they is a mountain called Moly Mountain , I think it's in Colorado , that is privately owned and all the moly comes from there , the moly is removed and the number one buyer is the Goverment ,I'd bet that guy is rich , it can work just as good in a powered form instead of paste ---I seen a show the other night that showed you something that is better than moly , it's the slickest material on earth , it just so happens to be lining the plates of the San Andros fault , I can't remember the name of it now

jeffco

Your right about moly being messy and hard to clean up , but it is good stuff , I seen some demos using dry moly verus grease , and it's amazing what it can do ---------I read a story on moly and found that they is a mountain called Moly Mountain , I think it's in Colorado , that is privately owned and all the moly comes from there , the moly is removed and the number one buyer is the Goverment ,I'd bet that guy is rich , it can work just as good in a powered form instead of paste ---I seen a show the other night that showed you something that is better than moly , it's the slickest material on earth , it just so happens to be lining the plates of the San Andros fault , I can't remember the name of it now
I have used Mystik for many years, it is a clear super adhesive and co-hesive grease that just stays put. In a grease study on identical dozers the mystik outlasted any competitor by at least two times. Mystik JT-6 grease vailable at Tractor Supply for about 3.00 a tube. jeffco

Iowa Dave

http://www.texasrefinery.com/
crown and chasis 880
Never seen a Bobcat hurt from the wrong grease, but seen LOTS of them hurt from too little grease. Moly is awfully good, but the main thing is grease it all the time! I would say on the bottom bucket pins on every fuel fill is no where near enough.

skidsteer.ca

Never seen a Bobcat hurt from the wrong grease, but seen LOTS of them hurt from too little grease. Moly is awfully good, but the main thing is grease it all the time! I would say on the bottom bucket pins on every fuel fill is no where near enough.
Seems to me the bucket tilt cylinders are the worse to wear out followed closely by the pins from the lower end of the bobtach to the boom. Could be greased every 4 hours. 3 or so strokes. Lots of grease less often is not as good. Imo good grease is pretty cheap compared to fixing worn pivot points.
Ken