Weld on grapple help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skidsteer.ca

thumbgehl3.jpg

Just put a ring on the side of the bucket attachment plate. Near the bottom of the 180 degree bend in the hoses pictured.
You want it close to the quick attach to loader arm pin so the hose length stay the same regardless of how much you dump the bucket.
Ken

OP
OP
B

Butters

Just put a ring on the side of the bucket attachment plate. Near the bottom of the 180 degree bend in the hoses pictured.
You want it close to the quick attach to loader arm pin so the hose length stay the same regardless of how much you dump the bucket.
Ken
Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know so I can figure how much hose to order.

OP
OP
B

Butters

Butters, I've seen that grapple arm/kit and curious as to how it would hold up, let us know.

Thanks
Will do when it gets dry enough to do something. It is pure slop here in KY. It is not super heavy duty, but I think it will help me with some clean up around the farm.

skidsteer.ca

Will do when it gets dry enough to do something. It is pure slop here in KY. It is not super heavy duty, but I think it will help me with some clean up around the farm.
I have been thinking about one for my 553. I'm sure there not super heavy duty, but on a small machine or with a little care I'm sure it will be fine. But do let us know.
Ken

OP
OP
B

Butters

I have been thinking about one for my 553. I'm sure there not super heavy duty, but on a small machine or with a little care I'm sure it will be fine. But do let us know.
Ken
I got everything hooked up yesterday. I may have to reinforce the mount a little more. I also need to rig up somehting to keep the hose from getting cliped betweent the bucket and lift arms as well as keep them from rubbingt the tires.
I also have to tweak my flow controls a little more as well. Will post pics when I get it all done.

mllud

I got everything hooked up yesterday. I may have to reinforce the mount a little more. I also need to rig up somehting to keep the hose from getting cliped betweent the bucket and lift arms as well as keep them from rubbingt the tires.
I also have to tweak my flow controls a little more as well. Will post pics when I get it all done.
Thats a good looking add on grapple,. I can see where they mount could want to flex. There is a lot of leverage there. Im sure some plates to stiffen the top of the bucket would cure that.I think I would weld everything. Mike

OP
OP
B

Butters

Thats a good looking add on grapple,. I can see where they mount could want to flex. There is a lot of leverage there. Im sure some plates to stiffen the top of the bucket would cure that.I think I would weld everything. Mike
I will try my best to weld a strap up the back of the mounting plate toward the cylinder before I use it.

junkman

I will try my best to weld a strap up the back of the mounting plate toward the cylinder before I use it.
i have one on a tractor bucket ive moved full length power poles,scrap iron and havent twisted it up yet i got mine from
Dehnerwelding.com

D180man

i have one on a tractor bucket ive moved full length power poles,scrap iron and havent twisted it up yet i got mine from
Dehnerwelding.com
Hi yes they look nice we are north of them if we cant find a grapple bucket we are thinking of getting one for our 463 !

skidsteer.ca

Hi yes they look nice we are north of them if we cant find a grapple bucket we are thinking of getting one for our 463 !
For machines larger then say a 553 I think this style from Virnig is a better option as it brings the stress from the grapple out to the sides of the bucket, which willbetter tie it into the front cutting edgethat the grapple will push on. But it is twice the money too.
http://virnigmfg.com/index.php?page...category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=67