water in my hydraulics...

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hey guys. Basically I accidentally poured water into my 763's hydraulic tank because I used an old 5 gallon bucket of the stuff that sat outside for a year and I guess water leaked in over time. my question is: Whats the best way to deal with this? do I have to drain the whole system? or just the tank? I havent run the Bobcat since this happened this morning.

Tazza

Staff member
I'd start by lifting the cab, remove the large hose from the tank to the port block. Drop all the oil or at least till there is no more water coming out.
If the oil turns white, you have water in there still.
After that, run the machine for a while, then pump the oil the aux hydraulics while running at idle. Put a few litres in the tank, drive it around, lift and tilt to move the fresh oil around. Dump it. Repeat till the oil is a good colour. I also drain the oil filter between doing this and put a new one on when you are happy that the oil is clean.

OP
OP
G
I'd start by lifting the cab, remove the large hose from the tank to the port block. Drop all the oil or at least till there is no more water coming out.
If the oil turns white, you have water in there still.
After that, run the machine for a while, then pump the oil the aux hydraulics while running at idle. Put a few litres in the tank, drive it around, lift and tilt to move the fresh oil around. Dump it. Repeat till the oil is a good colour. I also drain the oil filter between doing this and put a new one on when you are happy that the oil is clean.
Man. You guys rock. I'm going to give it a try this morning. Thanks!

OP
OP
G
Good luck, you aren't the first person to have to do this, i have had to do it before, it took about 4-5 changes but it got there in the end.
If I have the green button at the top left of the machine to unlock the hydros do I need to have the seat sensor plugged in as well?

Latest posts