Warning lights

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I just purchased a 742 Bobcat a few month ago.Runs and operates fine.I was wondering if the warning lights on the gauge panel should come on when you turn on the key and go out when the engine is started? Just like on your car. Does anyone know how to test these? I have power to one side of lamp and the lamp is good.

OldMachinist

Yes, The lights should come on with the key in the run position without the engine running then go out within a few seconds after the engine starts

Tazza

Staff member
Yes, The lights should come on with the key in the run position without the engine running then go out within a few seconds after the engine starts
They are for hydraulic charge pressure/temperature/filter restriction and oil pressure.
If you are getting power to one side, there is a problem with the wiring between the lamp and the sender. The main cab/engine bay connector is prone to corrosion and causing problems.

jerryo1314

They are for hydraulic charge pressure/temperature/filter restriction and oil pressure.
If you are getting power to one side, there is a problem with the wiring between the lamp and the sender. The main cab/engine bay connector is prone to corrosion and causing problems.
Yes I have had corrosion even in the fuse panels. One day it wouldn't do any thing and I had to replace the fuse holder. They had the part at Bobcat of Worcester. Trying to get the 2 nuts off that hold up that black dash? will break the bolts so I used twist ties to put it back works fine. Jerry 11-01-11 posted 742