Wanting to add a beacon

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bvill01

Was wanting to add a beacon work light to my bobcat s220 does anyone know if there would be a harness in that panel where the brake switch is at ? Or what do you guys think about a magnet beacon ? Any pictures or suggestions ?

OldMachinist

Do you want the beacon to be on anytime the key is on or do you want it on a seperate switch?

OldMachinist

What do u think would be better ? OldMachinist
That depends on why you need the flashing beacon.
There are normally a couple of unused connectors in the wiring harness that are hot anytime the key is on. Plug in a inline fuse holder of the size needed for your beacon and run the rest of the wire as needed. If you want to switch it on/off just run it thru a toggle switch.

OP
OP
B

Bvill01

That depends on why you need the flashing beacon.
There are normally a couple of unused connectors in the wiring harness that are hot anytime the key is on. Plug in a inline fuse holder of the size needed for your beacon and run the rest of the wire as needed. If you want to switch it on/off just run it thru a toggle switch.
Thanks I think all go with a switch and wanted for when it snows

AllSkidsteers

Thanks I think all go with a switch and wanted for when it snows
If your bobcat has the deluxe wiring harness for the cab it will be wired for the beacon all ready. All you need is the harness that plunges in behind the left pillar by the back window a rocker switch and the beacon and your good to go. Hope this helps if you need pricing let us no.

Latest posts