Waiting for business to turn.......

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Well, business is still slow, so in the meantime I have been building attachments and picked up a couple from craigslist. I now have 9 attachments. bucket, bucket with teeth, 4 in 1 bucket, forks, stump bucket, auger, tree and brush puller, rock bucket, and trencher. Is there any other popular attachment I need?. While waiting for business to turn..........

mllud

Perry
ts a good that your taking advantage of the time you have and increasing the versatility of your bussiness. Those extra attachments will pay off in $ . If you could keep some of those on you rig as you travel people see and ask what you can do.Although thats extra weight.
The guy that sits and boo hoos thru hard times wont. survive.
Mike

OP
OP
P

perry

Perry
ts a good that your taking advantage of the time you have and increasing the versatility of your bussiness. Those extra attachments will pay off in $ . If you could keep some of those on you rig as you travel people see and ask what you can do.Although thats extra weight.
The guy that sits and boo hoos thru hard times wont. survive.
Mike
Yeah!, I know, bought a couple of attachments from guys going out of business!. There are a few complete rigs on craigslist. I know the guys with payments are really hurting.

mllud

Yeah!, I know, bought a couple of attachments from guys going out of business!. There are a few complete rigs on craigslist. I know the guys with payments are really hurting.
Perry
Over financing sinks a lot of ships. Its easy to do when times are good.The banks with the easy money made a mess. The people that borrowed are also guilty.Its hard not to take easy money.Im a little guilty my self. Mike

skidsteer.ca

Perry
Over financing sinks a lot of ships. Its easy to do when times are good.The banks with the easy money made a mess. The people that borrowed are also guilty.Its hard not to take easy money.Im a little guilty my self. Mike
Its hard to know what to have. I generally look around at job sites and see what else I could do there. Ask the customers about these options. Still I find most people don't want to be sold on something, they tend to have their mind set on what they need done,
I added a landscape rake (aka harley rake) and a stump grinder to my arsenal this season (and a log splitter but thats more for me) Both have developed some interest. The rake seems to be a hit with everyone that trys it and its amazing how fast they clean a site up. Trouble is most have no clue what it is and they are expensive new or used.
I have stop by where some people have be lanscaping their yard and left my card and spoke to them about what I can do. I have picked up some work that way.I think in time it will work out. They are one of those attachments that hold there valve well used, so the demand must be there.
As for stump grinding there are a couple guys who go around and just grind stumps, so I figure if they can make it doing just that I should be able to make it doing that and what ever a skidsteer can do.
I also had a customer come by with a chipper that he wanted me to repaired. So now I have one of those I can rent if needed to. Mind you we are rural and most people burn or cart the brush out back.
Is really hard to know all you can do is try it and if it don't work out they flip it. There are always people looking for attachments.
Ken