Volvo MC70

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kvaerner

Hi, wondering if there is any advise and / or feedback regarding the make and or model of skidsteer? - As there is no forum for them directly (worrying) Specifically interested in whether this brand fits general Bobcat type attachments or are they specific to volvo....can't find much on it. Reason for consideration on this is for work on my acreage only. Want to purchase from US and import back into Canada as they are too expensive locally. any feedback/advise greatly appreciated. many thx nick

skidsteer.ca

Nick
Here is some info on the standard quick attach, if it matches this you are good in that respect.
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=26403
or search sae j2513
As for the machine not much talk about them good or bad here, perhaps someone will chime in with direct experience. Have you looked into seeing where you would have to go to get parts for it? Maybe have them search the serial number and see what come up. some companys keep a history of any dealer repairs.
Hope that helps a bit
Ken

OP
OP
K

kvaerner

Nick
Here is some info on the standard quick attach, if it matches this you are good in that respect.
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=26403
or search sae j2513
As for the machine not much talk about them good or bad here, perhaps someone will chime in with direct experience. Have you looked into seeing where you would have to go to get parts for it? Maybe have them search the serial number and see what come up. some companys keep a history of any dealer repairs.
Hope that helps a bit
Ken
Thx alot for the info Ken...will take a look regarding connections. No feedback as yet so will see how the week goes. Cheers a bunch

markplow

Thx alot for the info Ken...will take a look regarding connections. No feedback as yet so will see how the week goes. Cheers a bunch
Sorry that I am just seeing your post now. Here's some info on the Volvo SSL's
- The original design came from Scattrak (Omniquip) and was bought by Volvo in 2002. The first Volvo machines were produced in 2003 and the most significant updated occurred in early 2006 (B-Series). If your machien doesn't say MC70B on it, it is from between 2003 and 2006 and will be rather similar to the late Scattrak (SD1500 was the equivalent model I think)
- Rated operating capacity is ~1500lbs (700kg = the reason for the 70 in the model name)
- If it is from between 2003 and 2006 it is a Kubota engine. Very similar to the engines used in many Bobcat machines. This is a rather tried and trued engine although it is a bit noisy. If it is after 2006, it is a Yanmar engine (branded Volvo). While this is not a super popular SSL engine it is also a well respected and proven engine mainly used in compact excavators.
- There have been a couple of updates to the machine since then including things like a new engine, new cab,...etc.
- The attachment bracket used by Volvo is to the ISO standard and therefore will allow interchanging with other SSL's that use this style of attachment bracket (including Bobcat). Like all SSL's 100% interchangability cannot be ensured due to hose lengths, hyd coupler types, ...etc., but a Bobcat attachment (since you specifically mentioned Bobcat) from the same era would fit 99.9% of the time with little or no adapting or adjustment.
- In general the machines are a solid and reasonably simple design that will work well especially for the "casual" user. You won't find some of the "bells and whistles" of some other brands, but it doesn't sound like that is a huge concern. As mentioned by someone else, check out the distance to your dealer as this can really be important in a bind. They all run and they all break unfortunately.
- Volvo's website has some more specifics, but note that this machine may not be exactly the same as the latest version.
Sorry if this is too late. If you went with the machine I'd be interested in your experience. I have rather extensive experience with these machines, so I'd be glad to try to help out if you have any issues or questions.

OP
OP
K

kvaerner

Sorry that I am just seeing your post now. Here's some info on the Volvo SSL's
- The original design came from Scattrak (Omniquip) and was bought by Volvo in 2002. The first Volvo machines were produced in 2003 and the most significant updated occurred in early 2006 (B-Series). If your machien doesn't say MC70B on it, it is from between 2003 and 2006 and will be rather similar to the late Scattrak (SD1500 was the equivalent model I think)
- Rated operating capacity is ~1500lbs (700kg = the reason for the 70 in the model name)
- If it is from between 2003 and 2006 it is a Kubota engine. Very similar to the engines used in many Bobcat machines. This is a rather tried and trued engine although it is a bit noisy. If it is after 2006, it is a Yanmar engine (branded Volvo). While this is not a super popular SSL engine it is also a well respected and proven engine mainly used in compact excavators.
- There have been a couple of updates to the machine since then including things like a new engine, new cab,...etc.
- The attachment bracket used by Volvo is to the ISO standard and therefore will allow interchanging with other SSL's that use this style of attachment bracket (including Bobcat). Like all SSL's 100% interchangability cannot be ensured due to hose lengths, hyd coupler types, ...etc., but a Bobcat attachment (since you specifically mentioned Bobcat) from the same era would fit 99.9% of the time with little or no adapting or adjustment.
- In general the machines are a solid and reasonably simple design that will work well especially for the "casual" user. You won't find some of the "bells and whistles" of some other brands, but it doesn't sound like that is a huge concern. As mentioned by someone else, check out the distance to your dealer as this can really be important in a bind. They all run and they all break unfortunately.
- Volvo's website has some more specifics, but note that this machine may not be exactly the same as the latest version.
Sorry if this is too late. If you went with the machine I'd be interested in your experience. I have rather extensive experience with these machines, so I'd be glad to try to help out if you have any issues or questions.
Mark, thx a bunch, great info and the fact that you have nothing "Bad" to say tells me all i need to know...it would certainly suit my needs. I am still trying to arrange a shipper for this unit...harder than i thought....but will certainly try to proceed. thx again for your info...all good

pmayer

Mark, thx a bunch, great info and the fact that you have nothing "Bad" to say tells me all i need to know...it would certainly suit my needs. I am still trying to arrange a shipper for this unit...harder than i thought....but will certainly try to proceed. thx again for your info...all good
if you wish we offer an enclosure kit (with or without heater, Ac unit, sliding doors) for Volvo MC70 skid steer loader. bye

nate_man

if you wish we offer an enclosure kit (with or without heater, Ac unit, sliding doors) for Volvo MC70 skid steer loader. bye
Hi I have a scat trak 1500d the same as the mc70. Can you send me details on your cab door? I am interested in purchasing one. Thanks Nate

tahoetimber

Hi I'd be interested on any enclosure kits you have for the mc70c skid steer loader if you have one. Thank you

tahoetimber

Shoot, I had been searching and searching for this for my mc70c and now I'm getting I to a new machine. I'm curious though is it still available? If it's not too much money I'd be interested in keeping it. It's just the wiring harness to the ECU has some kind of short currently from water and once it's fixed depending on what I could sell it for open cab v.s. enclosed cab and if it's not much for the enclosure and it still doesn't sell for alot then I'd just as happily keep it.... please let me know [email protected]

tahoetimber

Just realizing that the mc70 and mc70c are totally different. If you happen to know who could possibly be selling full enclosure kits for those models I geuss that info would be greatly appreciated thank you.