Vickers TA1919 hydraulic pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
I have a friend with a 743, his hydraulic pump is a bit sad (as stated in another thread). I knew you could get new cartrages to fix the problem, but when i looked the numbers don't seem to mach up. Its a TA1919V10R pump combo. The TA1919 is the drive pump, the V10R is the hydraulic vane pump. From what i could see, the 10 series pumps have a displacement between 1 and 7 GPM at 1200 RPM, the machine is rated at 11gpm..... So not sure how this is calculated to give 11....
I was hoping that i could go up one GPM to give a little more flow and hopefully not be too much of a burdon on the engine and drive shaft to the pump.
Does anyone have the numbers from their hydraulic pump so i can look up what the displacement is? Mine seems to be a re-co one, the plate has a bobcat number and the other numbers don't march what is listed in the vickers manual. It should start with V10 and be located on the flat section near the pressure port.

cnord

The 743 vane pump gets a 5 GPM cartridge. The problem with going up a gallon, means your robbing from everything else. May not matter too much. http://www.loaderpartssource.com/bobcat-620-up-to-743-hydraulic-vane-pump-cartridge-kit.html This is what you need. If this doesn't fix your problem then the actual drive pump may need rebuilt.

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
The 743 vane pump gets a 5 GPM cartridge. The problem with going up a gallon, means your robbing from everything else. May not matter too much. http://www.loaderpartssource.com/bobcat-620-up-to-743-hydraulic-vane-pump-cartridge-kit.html This is what you need. If this doesn't fix your problem then the actual drive pump may need rebuilt.
Thank you for the details.
On further investigation it seems that i'd need longer retaining pins and bolts if i went up to a 6gpm cartridge. I guess its a bit thicker to provide the increased flow. Not sure i'm up for the potential problems of this 'upgrade' as the machine is over an hour away and i really don't want a call to come fix it...
I may go with your option yet, i'll talk to him and see what he'd like to do.

Latest posts