Value of Mustang 345? Is this a reliable model?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jrcampbe

Hi guys, There is an early 80's Mustang 345 for sale here locally that appears to be in excellent condition. It has the 40hp Ford, and comes with a 5' dirt bucket and forks. Can you guys give me your opinion of the value of this machine? The seller says the hour meter stopped working at 3700 hours. It has been used for 5 years for owner's snow removal only since then. What are the things I should be looking at when inspecting this machine, besides the obvious (are there specific things known to be problems on this model?). Is this considered a reliable, simple machine? I'm planning to use it around the house mostly for snow removal and simple chores. Thanks in advance! Jim

Tractor 345

I have a same model 345 2 buckets and forks . Used my to dig up tree move brush plow snow and I putting a thumb on it. It's nice little machine and when I get tracks on it it will be that much better. Yes I would buy it the only problem is parts. I've had 2 bobcats a 500 and a 610 .I like them but belt is nothing like hydro static. You can get out and the machine will not roll away on a hill set the parking brake.