Used Actuators

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mabery

Hey guys, Im looking to buy used bobcat actuators, they don't have to be functional but shouldn't be excessively damaged either. The next time you get yours replaced, think of me, and I can help you recover some after the dealer rapes you. I'll pay 25$ for each one plus shipping. E mail me at [email protected] Thanks

frogfarmer

Rebuilding, tried it on the last one that i had to replace and seess to be working well, would like to have a spare or two around... Sure beats buying a new one.
I dont have anything at the moment but I will set them aside if I can remember. I have rewound electric motors in the past Im sure the principle is the same. If we all took the time to fix what we have we would not be the disposable society we have become. I like your style and good luck.

Tazza

Staff member
I dont have anything at the moment but I will set them aside if I can remember. I have rewound electric motors in the past Im sure the principle is the same. If we all took the time to fix what we have we would not be the disposable society we have become. I like your style and good luck.
I have done the same to Aux hydraulic stems. I have had two that didn't work, worked out how to pull them apart, cleaned it out, put it back together and presto! not an issue since.
The other one works, just not like it should, it was bent preventing it from moving. I straightened it in the lathe as best as i could, ran a drill bit up the bore, it works, but for proportional, its not as fine as the other direction is, but it does work!
There are a few items that can be brought back from the dead, shame there can't be more.

OP
OP
M

Mabery

I have done the same to Aux hydraulic stems. I have had two that didn't work, worked out how to pull them apart, cleaned it out, put it back together and presto! not an issue since.
The other one works, just not like it should, it was bent preventing it from moving. I straightened it in the lathe as best as i could, ran a drill bit up the bore, it works, but for proportional, its not as fine as the other direction is, but it does work!
There are a few items that can be brought back from the dead, shame there can't be more.
Im glad to see that there are some other people who share my affection for fixing what you can, although somtimes it takes longer, in the end I have a better understanding of how it all goes together.

hester

Im glad to see that there are some other people who share my affection for fixing what you can, although somtimes it takes longer, in the end I have a better understanding of how it all goes together.
i have one i would sell you