used 743 bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kyle6241

New to this forum and just bought a used 743 bobcat seems to be in pretty good shape It will be used mostly for private ranch use There is a diesel fuel leak just above the injector pump where the 4 injector line connected to the pump it seem that its not the lines leaking but where the big nut screws into the pump. Haven't taken anything apart yet and looking for advice. Kyle

Tazza

Staff member
Welcome to the site.
This is not an uncommon leak point. You must be careful removing stuff from the pump, if you go too deep, you will be taking it to a shop to get re-adjusted. Now, with that said, there are Orings that seal the delivery nozzles. Un-screw them and you will see the Oring, BUT you must not go any deeper than this, remove nothing from below this part.
You will see a spring and poppet, these can come out without issues, but no more.
Good luck with your new to you machine.

OP
OP
K

Kyle6241

Welcome to the site.
This is not an uncommon leak point. You must be careful removing stuff from the pump, if you go too deep, you will be taking it to a shop to get re-adjusted. Now, with that said, there are Orings that seal the delivery nozzles. Un-screw them and you will see the Oring, BUT you must not go any deeper than this, remove nothing from below this part.
You will see a spring and poppet, these can come out without issues, but no more.
Good luck with your new to you machine.
Thanks so much for the reply back in may 2016 You can't believe everything that has happened sense then the skid steer has not been used much However it is still leaking I took some pictures to send so we were 100% positive that we were talking about the same thing now I can't find any way to insert photos Maybe I got to start a new thread Kyle

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks so much for the reply back in may 2016 You can't believe everything that has happened sense then the skid steer has not been used much However it is still leaking I took some pictures to send so we were 100% positive that we were talking about the same thing now I can't find any way to insert photos Maybe I got to start a new thread Kyle
Look up my profile, it has my email address. Send me the pictures and hopefully i can give you an answer