UNITED STEEL WORKS---TOOTH BAR

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mllud

Has anyone bought a tooth bar from an ebay store called UNITED STEEL WORKS. I use my skid steer for personal use on my 5 acres. I cant justify a second bucket. Anyone with opinions on their products,a reply would be apreciated. Their bars look pretty good. 309.00 dollars for 72 inch bar Thanks Mike

jerry

HI, check with this place also on the tooth bar http://www.markhamwelding.com/ I have read of people getting them for under 300 delivered. I got mine from bobcat, and it is a bobcat bar with the stickers still on it just happened to stop and ask about one and they had a 72 inch with the attaching flat bar broken off one end for $100 I fixed the end and removed one tooth and some length in the middle and it works great. The also had a used 72 inch in good shape for about 250 or so. Look around a little but when you get one you will be surprised at how much more you can do. Or buy the bolt on teeth for about 22 apiece , I don't know which is stronger seems like the bar would add some strength to the bucket edge.

OP
OP
mllud

mllud

HI, check with this place also on the tooth bar http://www.markhamwelding.com/ I have read of people getting them for under 300 delivered. I got mine from bobcat, and it is a bobcat bar with the stickers still on it just happened to stop and ask about one and they had a 72 inch with the attaching flat bar broken off one end for $100 I fixed the end and removed one tooth and some length in the middle and it works great. The also had a used 72 inch in good shape for about 250 or so. Look around a little but when you get one you will be surprised at how much more you can do. Or buy the bolt on teeth for about 22 apiece , I don't know which is stronger seems like the bar would add some strength to the bucket edge.
Thanks Jerry ; Ill see what they have. We have some tough clay in missouri. I have been told they make a major difference. I wouldnt mind getting something I had to do some modification to.I think I would prefer the bar verses bolt on teeth.I also use my loader to shuffel some iron relicks I have around here. Mike

GLWelder

Thanks Jerry ; Ill see what they have. We have some tough clay in missouri. I have been told they make a major difference. I wouldnt mind getting something I had to do some modification to.I think I would prefer the bar verses bolt on teeth.I also use my loader to shuffel some iron relicks I have around here. Mike
Hey Mike, Just seen this post and wondered if you ever bought that tooth bar? And if you did how do you like it? I have been doing some digging and once I get down to the subsoil its tough going. I have seen a decent looking tooth bar on e-bay for my sized bucket for about $250. I could build one but I don't have the time and I don't think I would save much. George

OP
OP
mllud

mllud

Hey Mike, Just seen this post and wondered if you ever bought that tooth bar? And if you did how do you like it? I have been doing some digging and once I get down to the subsoil its tough going. I have seen a decent looking tooth bar on e-bay for my sized bucket for about $250. I could build one but I don't have the time and I don't think I would save much. George
George ;
I bought one from Skidsteer Ca on the forum. It works great.The loader doesnt have to work near as hard. We have some tough clay here . It helps penetrate and break up. I bought a standard size. My buclet was 3/4 too wide so I had to put some shims on the end.Its tough, I went to lift a plow that was froze in the ground. The plow didnt move but raised the rear of the loader off the ground on one tooth. Thats not the way I usually use my equipment.You need to take it off to get a clean backdrag like when finishing the
driveway. Leaves grooves. Easy on and off, 2 bolts. The teeth are also replacable Mike

OP
OP
mllud

mllud

George ;
I bought one from Skidsteer Ca on the forum. It works great.The loader doesnt have to work near as hard. We have some tough clay here . It helps penetrate and break up. I bought a standard size. My buclet was 3/4 too wide so I had to put some shims on the end.Its tough, I went to lift a plow that was froze in the ground. The plow didnt move but raised the rear of the loader off the ground on one tooth. Thats not the way I usually use my equipment.You need to take it off to get a clean backdrag like when finishing the
driveway. Leaves grooves. Easy on and off, 2 bolts. The teeth are also replacable Mike
Eriic I went on E-bay and looked at some of thost $250 toothbars. I was afreid of getting something too cheap. Here is the web site that has the one I bought.
I think I paid about $375. The extra $125 to $150 is worth the quality. I believe the outfit that manufactured mine use to supply bobcat. The ones with the welded on spikes look cheap.
By your username Im sure you know what would hold up. As a welder Mike

OP
OP
mllud

mllud

Eriic I went on E-bay and looked at some of thost $250 toothbars. I was afreid of getting something too cheap. Here is the web site that has the one I bought.

http://www.skidsteer.ca

I think I paid about $375. The extra $125 to $150 is worth the quality. I believe the outfit that manufactured mine use to supply bobcat. The ones with the welded on spikes look cheap.
By your username Im sure you know what would hold up. As a welder Mike
Teeth Bar
View Product Details

• High carbon cutting edges
  • Easily bolts into Low Profile bucket

This is the one I bought. Mike