Undesired track movement

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kmc5048

I am having trouble with a terex pt100g. Making left hand turns forward or backwards causes the drive to hesitate and often show 'undesired track movement, propel shut down' on the LCD. The parking brake is also turned on when this happens. The problem has come and gone in the past, but now it is doing it about all the time. Sometimes right hand turns, and backwards will be problematic, but never straight forward.
Today, I also had the LCD just go blank. The engine kept running, but no functions were operable. I turned it off and back on with no problem, but the left turns were still giving me grief. ASV tech service said to start by replacing the section of wiring from the drive motors.

Any help would be much appreciated

TDB2

I am having trouble with a terex pt100g. Making left hand turns forward or backwards causes the drive to hesitate and often show 'undesired track movement, propel shut down' on the LCD. The parking brake is also turned on when this happens. The problem has come and gone in the past, but now it is doing it about all the time. Sometimes right hand turns, and backwards will be problematic, but never straight forward.
Today, I also had the LCD just go blank. The engine kept running, but no functions were operable. I turned it off and back on with no problem, but the left turns were still giving me grief. ASV tech service said to start by replacing the section of wiring from the drive motors.

I have a PT110F with the same problem of undesired track movement. I have tried several things, like too many to list and have had no success. The only thing consistent is heat. It will work fine for a while, say 30 minutes and then it starts erroring out. I am at a loss I think without the diagnostic program. Any ideas on this machine? Were you able to fix yours Kcm5048?

martinoamy

See my post about loss of communication between main controller and display
Martinoamy.

Had issues intermittently until nothing worked and yet I could start and run engine

TDB2

See my post about loss of communication between main controller and display
Martinoamy.

Had issues intermittently until nothing worked and yet I could start and run engine
Hey thanks for the response. Chasing down issues like this can be very expensive and time consuming and sometimes a dead end. I was actually able to fix my machine. I replaced BOTH of the speed sensors in hydraulic drive motors AND BOTH of the speed sensor harnesses connecting them from the motors back to the inside of the chassis. Flawless now. It has been a real good machine. Have a great day.

martinoamy

Glad it worked out. I wish more of the forum members would post the 'fixes' as well as problems.

Worked on mine off and on for a month. Not because I wanted to but because the local ASV company was down to 1 ASV expert where they should have 4 or 5.

Not to mention that when these machines have computer issues they are usually immobile and good luck getting anything fixed with a single service call assuming you can get one.

Life's an adventure.

TDB2

Glad it worked out. I wish more of the forum members would post the 'fixes' as well as problems.

Worked on mine off and on for a month. Not because I wanted to but because the local ASV company was down to 1 ASV expert where they should have 4 or 5.

Not to mention that when these machines have computer issues they are usually immobile and good luck getting anything fixed with a single service call assuming you can get one.

Life's an adventure.
And have you fixed your machine yet?

camoguy

I have a PT110F with the same problem of undesired track movement. I have tried several things, like too many to list and have had no success. The only thing consistent is heat. It will work fine for a while, say 30 minutes and then it starts erroring out. I am at a loss I think without the diagnostic program. Any ideas on this machine? Were you able to fix yours Kcm5048?
Mine Did this. Find all the plugs in the harness from the drive motor speed sensor to underneath the cab. Clean them then pull them together with a zip tie the long way. Or splice it straight through. They get pushed and pulled a-lot and they constantly bounce around as the torsion axle works. Its similar to your abs signal on a pickup. If it doesn't match the readings on the other-side (looses connection even for a split second) it will lock out and throw that code. If your going to spend $500 on the sensor and harness. Makes sense to try this first.

asvordie

I have unplugged both speed sensors and I still intermittently get the undesired track movement error. Anyone think my wires are grounding themselves out and that is causing the discrepancy in feedback?

TDB2

Maybe, but I am no expert. I am just am a problem solver elimination kind of dude. If you are gonna throw parts at it then start with the cheapest and go up. The dude who suggested all the plugs is a good place to start and free. I did this also with di-electric grease in every connection I could get to. Did not fix my issue on this machine but it did fix a CNC I was having trouble with so worth a shot. I am NO EXPERT (for those that are going to disagree with my logic) I do not know how the computer reads the signal coming from the motor, (I am of the opinion that they have to be plugged in) but if they are unplugged and still erroring out.....then the computer is still getting a signal or not getting a signal and then timing out throwing the code. I even changed a joystick, that was fkn expensive over $1k! New wire harness from machine to tracks both sides and new sensors in each side and we have never looked back. I hope you get it figured out dude

+1 on TBD2's mention of di-electric grease (y).even saves plug damage and wire strain down the road when revisiting those same wire harness area's.

Latest posts