Trenching Speed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kfin

I have an 873 and am renting an LT313 to do some trenching. Probably be going about 3 1/2 feet deep. No rocks or tree roots to go through, just an old farm field where we are building. My machine does not have hi flow, just regular. How long should I allow/budget myself to be able to do this job? About how many feet per hour can a person trench with this set up at 3 1/2 feet? Thanks, keith

skidsteer.ca

The biggest thing I have found with trenching is how dry ground is. Our clays here get wet and clog the teeth of the trencher greatly increasing the power to turn the chain and reducing progess. I have gone @ 80 ft per hour and at times as little as 30..
Stones can further agrivate this to the point a backhoe is a better bet.
However extremes aside I like to figure on @ 60 ft
Ken

OP
OP
K

kfin

The biggest thing I have found with trenching is how dry ground is. Our clays here get wet and clog the teeth of the trencher greatly increasing the power to turn the chain and reducing progess. I have gone @ 80 ft per hour and at times as little as 30..
Stones can further agrivate this to the point a backhoe is a better bet.
However extremes aside I like to figure on @ 60 ft
Ken
Thanks for the reply. I have a backhoe but it has a 24" bucket and I thought the trencher might be faster.....hmmm. don't know now, I might just dig it.

farmboy55

Thanks for the reply. I have a backhoe but it has a 24" bucket and I thought the trencher might be faster.....hmmm. don't know now, I might just dig it.
I have both, backhoe & trencher attachment, if you don't have Hi Flo machine you should be faster with the backhoe. In good ground, with HiFlo I can do a 300 ft @ 20" an hour. 3ft & reg. flo will be slow. dennis

f

sp6x6

I have both, backhoe & trencher attachment, if you don't have Hi Flo machine you should be faster with the backhoe. In good ground, with HiFlo I can do a 300 ft @ 20" an hour. 3ft & reg. flo will be slow. dennis

f
with my s185, 709 hoe standard flow, I did 3' x2' wide for frost wall at 28' per hr. Did 6' deep, 18" bucket 10' hr.

Latest posts