Tree shear

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Rotaxxx

Just wondering who has used a tree shear on there skid steer. Also wondering about the pros and cons for them. I have a one mile fence line that needs clearing with trees about 7" in diameter and think one of these would work pretty slick. Thanks all

Tazza

Staff member
Never used one, but from what I have seen, they work really well.
Are you able to push the trees over? it would save having the stumps to trip over.

digdoug2001

I have a Kansas clipper tree shear and absolutely love it. Beats a chainsaw. Some have stump sprayers on them and ability to turn shear sideways to cut limbs off of trees. I like the Kansas clipper shear I have because its an anvil type and it cuts stump off straight.. I've used the ones with the two blades but when they cut they leave a stump that's not straight across and center is pointed upward. And with anvil type you can control your fall to one direction. Two blade ones can fall to either side. Two blade ones can cut at or below ground level some but anvil type does cut at ground level. I use mine alot for clearing pastures. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

tacboss

A neighbor of mine has a tree shear, seems like it always leaves a very short stump to trip over while doing fence repair. I use the Monster Tree Saw. It cuts absolutely flush to the ground and with it's long blade, I can reach under fences and cut some trees that are on the other side of the fence from my machine. Also, when cutting, I cut partly through the tree then push the tree in the direction away from the fence, then come back and finish cutting the stump completely flat and smooth. You may want to check out monstertreesaw.com

Latest posts