tree shear

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bjornsonent

I am looking at making or buying a tree shear. We burn 50 cord of wood a year in our house and shop and I am sick of cutting it. Anyone have experience with one of these or any suggestions. Thanks Craig

A.G.

I would check out the Gregory Timberline tree shear. You can watch vids of it in action. It has the advantage of horizontal to vertical cut. That way you can size your firewood right from the cab. Also you can reach up and prune tree limbs as well.
I do not own it, because Ca. is getting too sensitive with "habitat" and if you take trees out you might have to recreate habitat at up to a three to one ratio! (Its nuts and off topic.)

I do own the Gregory Grappler and it is outstanding.

Andy Giannini

TriHonu

I would check out the Gregory Timberline tree shear. You can watch vids of it in action. It has the advantage of horizontal to vertical cut. That way you can size your firewood right from the cab. Also you can reach up and prune tree limbs as well.
I do not own it, because Ca. is getting too sensitive with "habitat" and if you take trees out you might have to recreate habitat at up to a three to one ratio! (Its nuts and off topic.)

I do own the Gregory Grappler and it is outstanding.

Andy Giannini
Check out this thread by nailsbeats on the shear he built. Quite an impressive build.