Trailer Hitch on back of skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Lucky

Hello, Does anyone out there have a trailer hitch mounted on the back of their skid steer ???? Or I might better say a 2" receiver that you can mount a drawbar with a ball on it ???? I was thinking that when I go down my lane and cut firewood on either side that I could bring more wood back with me in one trip if I could pull my 4'x8' trailer behind me. Does anyone here do this? Is there any reason why this couldn't be done? Any and all comments are welcomed !!!!! LUCKY

flyerdan

Yes, when I got mine it had a hitch welded to the back door with a 2" ball on it. Obvioulsy not for super heavy duty but will still probably handle more than a small pickup with a frame mounted hitch, the door appears to double as a counterweight..
It also has a ball welded to the bobtach which makes positioning trailers quite easy.

Tazza

Staff member
Yes, when I got mine it had a hitch welded to the back door with a 2" ball on it. Obvioulsy not for super heavy duty but will still probably handle more than a small pickup with a frame mounted hitch, the door appears to double as a counterweight..
It also has a ball welded to the bobtach which makes positioning trailers quite easy.
If you put one on the front (not that you said you were) be careful, there have been incidents of people i assume pushing the trailer and it popped off the ball, allowing the drawbar to come into the cab and doing nasty things to the operator.....
With it mounted on the back like you wanted, there is no risk of injury, i see no reason why you couldn't drag your trailer, you have heaps of towing power with the skid steer!

skidsteer.ca

If you put one on the front (not that you said you were) be careful, there have been incidents of people i assume pushing the trailer and it popped off the ball, allowing the drawbar to come into the cab and doing nasty things to the operator.....
With it mounted on the back like you wanted, there is no risk of injury, i see no reason why you couldn't drag your trailer, you have heaps of towing power with the skid steer!
With it on the back you may need to load the bucket first to prevent it from popping a wheelie, the machines a quite tail heavy.
Ken