Tracksplus website

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kfin

I am trying to find information on the tracksplus tracks for my 873. Have they changed their website? Tracksplus.com does not work for me. Are they a decent track for getting around in the mud for my machine? It seems they are a bit cheaper than the other steel tracks. Northern Tool has them for 1400 plus 200 shipping. What other ones are quality? Loegering (sp) and McClaren? THanks for the info as I begin my searching. Keith

skidsteer.ca

The site is working now, please ignore that part above.
Keith
The Tracks Plus are a pretty decent brand considering they are 50 to 60% of the big name tracks like Grouser or Logeuring. I sold quite a pile of them.
McLaren fall somewhere in the middle both in price and longevity. They are the least expensive track that works well in snow.
You do get what you pay for of course and you not going to get a track that last longer for less money.
However the Tracks Plus theory is rather then rebuild them , just replace them after 1500 to 1800 hours. The are better in mud because they have a large shoe surface area and are not so heavy, also easier to put on and off. They don't work in wet snow however as it builds inside the pads and they become to tight. They use a 5/8" pin that floats in the pad and side link spreading wear over both areas.
McLaren uses a 9/16" pin and locks it to the pad so only the sidelink and pin wear. Both tracks can have all the pins and sidelink replaced by just undoing the bolt. Mclaren uses a few more shoes on each track and as a result they run smoother on hard surfaces. Tracks Plus shoes are easier on turf and the bar tracks tend to punch into the surface.
I'd be happy to quote you on either. Just email me your zip.
[email protected]

OP
OP
K

kfin

Keith
The Tracks Plus are a pretty decent brand considering they are 50 to 60% of the big name tracks like Grouser or Logeuring. I sold quite a pile of them.
McLaren fall somewhere in the middle both in price and longevity. They are the least expensive track that works well in snow.
You do get what you pay for of course and you not going to get a track that last longer for less money.
However the Tracks Plus theory is rather then rebuild them , just replace them after 1500 to 1800 hours. The are better in mud because they have a large shoe surface area and are not so heavy, also easier to put on and off. They don't work in wet snow however as it builds inside the pads and they become to tight. They use a 5/8" pin that floats in the pad and side link spreading wear over both areas.
McLaren uses a 9/16" pin and locks it to the pad so only the sidelink and pin wear. Both tracks can have all the pins and sidelink replaced by just undoing the bolt. Mclaren uses a few more shoes on each track and as a result they run smoother on hard surfaces. Tracks Plus shoes are easier on turf and the bar tracks tend to punch into the surface.
I'd be happy to quote you on either. Just email me your zip.
[email protected]
Thanks for another very helpful reply Ken. Email sent. Keith