tracks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dobbsda

I know this has most likely been asked 100 times . but being a newbieto the forum forgive me . how long do they last ? pros & cons. have been around skid steers most of my life. have had them on their sides, top, backs, an way deep it mud. (yes lucky Dad did't beat me to death) the Bobcat rep always told me he was going to get me a job in the R&D dept. never had a track machine. got some demo work. lots of work around the farm to do. an maybe pick up some odd job. thanks Dave

Fishfiles

the number of hours you will get from tracks has so many variables to consider that it is nothing more than a guess , I have seen people go 2000 , 1000, 500 and even less , operator is a major factor , type of soil conditions , roots , rocks , concrete , temperature , and I think that some tracks no matter if they are aftermarket or OEM Bridgestones will out last others from the same factory , just good patches and bad batches --------------- if the person who has to pay for them uses them they seem to last longer

lesgawlik

the number of hours you will get from tracks has so many variables to consider that it is nothing more than a guess , I have seen people go 2000 , 1000, 500 and even less , operator is a major factor , type of soil conditions , roots , rocks , concrete , temperature , and I think that some tracks no matter if they are aftermarket or OEM Bridgestones will out last others from the same factory , just good patches and bad batches --------------- if the person who has to pay for them uses them they seem to last longer
If you can avoid turning on asphalt, concrete and rocks, you can get good life out of tracks. I stay off of asphalt as much as I can, and when I have to travel on it, I avoid short radius turns. I am running in mud. My machine had about half the track life when I got it. I've run about 250 hours with no significant wear.

OP
OP
D

Dobbsda

If you can avoid turning on asphalt, concrete and rocks, you can get good life out of tracks. I stay off of asphalt as much as I can, and when I have to travel on it, I avoid short radius turns. I am running in mud. My machine had about half the track life when I got it. I've run about 250 hours with no significant wear.
thanks for the input sitting on the fence which way to go

siduramaxde

thanks for the input sitting on the fence which way to go
my machine does mostly dirt work (dirt with no rocks) and snow removal (on asphalt and concrete). The original tracks went 1600 hours and could have gone more but I was afraid they would break when I needed the machine the most. Currently, my tracks have a little over 600 hours on them. They are in good shape with little tread wear. The most wear I see with the current tracks seems to be where the rollers ride on the inside of the track and I started to noticed some cracking between the tread lugs. Both sets of tracks are Bridgestone

siduramaxde

my machine does mostly dirt work (dirt with no rocks) and snow removal (on asphalt and concrete). The original tracks went 1600 hours and could have gone more but I was afraid they would break when I needed the machine the most. Currently, my tracks have a little over 600 hours on them. They are in good shape with little tread wear. The most wear I see with the current tracks seems to be where the rollers ride on the inside of the track and I started to noticed some cracking between the tread lugs. Both sets of tracks are Bridgestone
I should have also mentioned in the 2200 hours on my machine all the rollers and idlers have been replaced and I have had replace 1 idler twice. If I had to estimate a price per hour difference between a track machine and tire machine I would say in my case it will cost about $5USD more per hour to run a track machine

Klima Excavating

I should have also mentioned in the 2200 hours on my machine all the rollers and idlers have been replaced and I have had replace 1 idler twice. If I had to estimate a price per hour difference between a track machine and tire machine I would say in my case it will cost about $5USD more per hour to run a track machine
We got 900 hours out of our factory Bobcat tracks on our T320. We clear alot of brush. We still had great tread but the cords broke on the inside of the track and it actually became U shaped and it wouldnt stay on. We replaced them with a set of camoplast tracks. I wouldnt recommend these. We had little tiny wires that started poking out from day one. They were like hair. At 350 hours we had two of the steel bars snap on the inside on one of them. Thank god for warranty. Traded machine for a 299c. So far so good with 250 hours.

P neck

We have run a bobcat 864G since 2001. It is on pair #4. Original lasted 1000h, 2nd set bobcat HD only lasted 700h and were $1900each, 3 rd set were cheap multi bar 800h $700 each. 4th set are bar with a zigzag pattern has 500h and still in good shape $850. We only use this machine when we have to. In rough conditions we always use our tired machines. Tracks require a careful operator. We charge $10 more per hour to cover higher operating cost. If the machine is asv or a cat with mass undercarriage operating cost go way up as they are very high Maintance.