Tracks for Wheeled Machines (Not OTT)

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SkidRoe

Does anybody recognise these?:
IMG-20141007-00034.jpg

They look like they are intended to bolt on in place of the wheels. I personally have never seen such a set up before.
A friend of mine has a buddy that is selling them. All that I have been able to learn is that they came off of a Bobcat (model unknown), he recently replaced the track bands at a cost of about $4000, and he wants to sell them for $2000. We would be looking to mount them on our 773.
Anybody have any opinions, good/bad/ugly?
Thanks - SR

OP
OP
SkidRoe

SkidRoe

I think I may have answered part of my own question, they look to be made by Loegering.
Still would be interested in hearing opinions.
Thanks - SR

jerry

I think I may have answered part of my own question, they look to be made by Loegering.
Still would be interested in hearing opinions.
Thanks - SR
I think that setup sells for around 10,000 new. Every now and then you see used ones for 5000 or so.

Bobcatdan

I think that setup sells for around 10,000 new. Every now and then you see used ones for 5000 or so.
I know a number of guys who have them and love them. They have also spent a lot over the years to keep them running. They are kinda universal with being somewhat adjustable. You would still need to find out what they came off of because the wheelbase needs to be somewhat close to fit. My biggest concern with those setups is only the rear wheels drive, the front free wheel. I would be concerned about drive chain life. Bobcat goes as far as to state they are not approved for use on any bobcat. Whether they have real concerns or it is simply political, I don't know.

TriHonu

I know a number of guys who have them and love them. They have also spent a lot over the years to keep them running. They are kinda universal with being somewhat adjustable. You would still need to find out what they came off of because the wheelbase needs to be somewhat close to fit. My biggest concern with those setups is only the rear wheels drive, the front free wheel. I would be concerned about drive chain life. Bobcat goes as far as to state they are not approved for use on any bobcat. Whether they have real concerns or it is simply political, I don't know.
They appear to be a set of Logering VTS. You can view the Spec Sheet.pdf to see what model number fits each loader.
I spoke with a Loegering Rep when they were demo'ing them at the Excavation Expo. A couple things to note is they require a significant amount of HP to operate. To allow them to be used on wheel loaders, they had to gear them down by making the drive sprokets smaller than the tires they replace. This will reduce your travel speed, and allow the loader's existing hydrostatic system to produce enought torque to operate them.
They will also add weight. The tracks that will fit my 763 will add about 2290 lbs! So I would now have a 46 HP machine that weighs over 7600 lbs.
I have heard that guys like them in general. Spendy to operate and maintain. If you can get them for the right price and they will fit your machine, I would ask to try before you buy.

Bobcatdan

They appear to be a set of Logering VTS. You can view the Spec Sheet.pdf to see what model number fits each loader.
I spoke with a Loegering Rep when they were demo'ing them at the Excavation Expo. A couple things to note is they require a significant amount of HP to operate. To allow them to be used on wheel loaders, they had to gear them down by making the drive sprokets smaller than the tires they replace. This will reduce your travel speed, and allow the loader's existing hydrostatic system to produce enought torque to operate them.
They will also add weight. The tracks that will fit my 763 will add about 2290 lbs! So I would now have a 46 HP machine that weighs over 7600 lbs.
I have heard that guys like them in general. Spendy to operate and maintain. If you can get them for the right price and they will fit your machine, I would ask to try before you buy.
Everybody I know is running them on 75 HP + machines. What they like about them is the added weight really increases stability with a load. Now I don't have first hand drive time in one, but they swear up and down it will out perform a true track machine based on its weight distribution. I do have first hand experience replacing rollers and torsen bars about every 6 months thou.

antfarmer2

Everybody I know is running them on 75 HP + machines. What they like about them is the added weight really increases stability with a load. Now I don't have first hand drive time in one, but they swear up and down it will out perform a true track machine based on its weight distribution. I do have first hand experience replacing rollers and torsen bars about every 6 months thou.
If you put those on I would remove the front chains

OP
OP
SkidRoe

SkidRoe

If you put those on I would remove the front chains
The Loegering manual makes no metion of removing any of the drive chains. And we would want to revert to wheeled operation as necessary, so removing drive chains would be a pain.
Why do you think they need to be removed? They are not OTT's.
Cheers - SR

Bobcatdan

The Loegering manual makes no metion of removing any of the drive chains. And we would want to revert to wheeled operation as necessary, so removing drive chains would be a pain.
Why do you think they need to be removed? They are not OTT's.
Cheers - SR
The front chains do not have to be removed, there is zero stress on them since the front wheels are not coupled to the track in anyway. They simply spin. All the stress is on the rear chains as they have to pull the entire machine by themselves. The whole point of this track system is "easy" change over from tracks to tires. Chains are the last thing from easy.

antfarmer2

The front chains do not have to be removed, there is zero stress on them since the front wheels are not coupled to the track in anyway. They simply spin. All the stress is on the rear chains as they have to pull the entire machine by themselves. The whole point of this track system is "easy" change over from tracks to tires. Chains are the last thing from easy.
Thanks for the info I stand corrected