track removal on T-250

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RFPD1492

I need to replace rear idler on my T250. Any help with track removal tips would be appreciated !

wrenchin80

About the fastest way I know of is to use either a come-a-long or a chain winch. Back the loader up to a somewhat sturdy object (tree, pickup truck, etc.). Jack up the one side, bleed off the tension from the track cylinder. Then you can take a chain, wrap around the track at the rear idler. Using the come along, pull the track away from the idler and that will allow you enough room to swap it out.

OP
OP
R

RFPD1492

Forgot to mention I am going to replace seals in track adjuster also at same time. I need to remove track completely. Thanks for quick idea on the come along.

Fishfiles

Forgot to mention I am going to replace seals in track adjuster also at same time. I need to remove track completely. Thanks for quick idea on the come along.
there are quite a few ways to skin a cat , what do you have to work with , another Bobcat with forks , an excavator or a forklift , or do you want to do it strickly by hand , which you will need a pry bar , a 2 x 4 , a way to jack the machine off the ground and a operator or if you are all alone a broom stick to stick thru the cage and active the travel lever , put the 2 x4 in between the front idler and the track after you take out the bleeder screw and remove the bottom bolt completely from the front plate on side the track frame , if not the bolt sticks thru the frame and the adjuster will hit it and not allow it to go all the way back , roll the track and the 2x4 will lift the track up on top the idle , it will loosen the track and make it easy to put a bar thru a hole in the middle of the track and pry against the idler as it is turned and it will jump off , use the bar in between the sprocket and the track to get it off there , you need to have it ja cked up high enough to clear the track guides under the rear idler

OP
OP
R

RFPD1492

there are quite a few ways to skin a cat , what do you have to work with , another Bobcat with forks , an excavator or a forklift , or do you want to do it strickly by hand , which you will need a pry bar , a 2 x 4 , a way to jack the machine off the ground and a operator or if you are all alone a broom stick to stick thru the cage and active the travel lever , put the 2 x4 in between the front idler and the track after you take out the bleeder screw and remove the bottom bolt completely from the front plate on side the track frame , if not the bolt sticks thru the frame and the adjuster will hit it and not allow it to go all the way back , roll the track and the 2x4 will lift the track up on top the idle , it will loosen the track and make it easy to put a bar thru a hole in the middle of the track and pry against the idler as it is turned and it will jump off , use the bar in between the sprocket and the track to get it off there , you need to have it ja cked up high enough to clear the track guides under the rear idler
thanks for the input! we did it the manual way and it worked great. now I know how to do it it is actually not to bad.