TR270 Brake Bar

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cemiii

My 2018 TR270 brake bar keeps falling down when I raise it. It's annoying and I now have to bungee it up.
Apparently, whatever is supposed to hold it up has failed.
Does anyone have experience or knowledge on fixing this?

dave3316

The lift cylinder, located lower left of the side of the bar just comes unhooked from time to time. Just push it back on with the bar up.

OP
OP
C

cemiii

I don't see where it comes off. But at least I found it and I suspect I need a new one. Thanks for responding.

OP
OP
C

cemiii

So, I bought a new gas strut for the seat bar.and of course it was faulty (way to weak). I sent it back and got another. This time it is so strong I can't compress it probably 3/8" enough to get it on both ball ends even in the full up bar position. It's in such an awkward place that I can't get a tool in there to help. The dang cage appears to be riveted on making it worse. I don't want to have to drag this whole thing 60 miles to get one end of a ball fitting on.
Wishful thinking? I guess what I need is some suggestions from someone who has actually fixed this.

cdmccul

Ratchet strap around the lift strut?

Install with the inner ram pointing down, then grasp the body of the strut to compress downward?

Just spit-balling.

OP
OP
C

cemiii

I like the ratchet strap idea and I'm going to give it a shot when I find a good strap. Thank you for the idea
I saw a YouTube on a bigger strut where they used a pipe clamp and bailing wire to hold it compressed. I tried that a few times but I can't keep it compressed enough when I release the clamp. It breaks my wire.

OP
OP
C

cemiii

It is fixed. I have again been amazed by my ineptitude and failure to follow the Kiss principle first.
Removing the lap bar is as simple as disconnecting one electric fitting and 4 #30 star bolts. With the bar loose the gas strut snaps on with no compression (or tools) at all. Simple reinstall of the bar and go.

OP
OP
C

cemiii

In retrospect, this could likely be done by simply removing the 2 star screws on the hinge closest to the gas strut freeing the hinge. That would have made the whole thing about a 2 minute job.

cdmccul

Haha! Hey you got it fixed, that's great! Thank you for following up, too!

Latest posts