Toyota huski 4sdk8 2008 model 750hours

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I have just brought a 2008 model 4sdk8 skid steer with 750 hours on it. Operated good when I got it but after 30-40h of use its started to make a rough grrrrrrr vibration noise :) when turning and when fully straight ahead there's a slight notice of noise. I'm guessing something loose? Or worst case bearing on reduction gearing? Ill cut hyd filter open on weekend and check for metal. If someone's come across this before, something simple hopefully Loose reduction? Drive chain loose? Oils Cheers

Tazza

Staff member
It could be the oil, as it heats up it's getting too thin.
See what is inside the filter, hopefully it's not an issue.
Any ideas on where the vibration is coming from? Some times you can feel where it's worst.
An oil leak can some times allow air in that makes the oil foamy.

OP
OP
H
Ill be back at the machine in 3 days, will tilt cab and look-feel for any vibrations, loose bolts etc. I did but a new auger drive unit, not sure if it was full of oil or not, this may be cause of air in system? Will purge hyd system just incase.

Tazza

Staff member
Ill be back at the machine in 3 days, will tilt cab and look-feel for any vibrations, loose bolts etc. I did but a new auger drive unit, not sure if it was full of oil or not, this may be cause of air in system? Will purge hyd system just incase.
Shouldn't be the cause if the issue, it should self bleed the air out.
That oil should be fine in the hydraulic/hydrostatic system.