tornado cleanup

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dlong

Does anyone know how to get hooked up to do tornado and disaster clean up?

thetool

I don't know but I'm interested. I'll guess and say go down to where folks are walking around the rubble, find out who the insurance companies are, and contact them or local agents and offer your services. Municipalities and local utilites, also. Fire departments and police probably have soemone who knows who's hiring, and if it's a declared disaster, you can probably register somehow with FEMA as a local cleanup contractor.
Hope you get some work.

perry

I don't know but I'm interested. I'll guess and say go down to where folks are walking around the rubble, find out who the insurance companies are, and contact them or local agents and offer your services. Municipalities and local utilites, also. Fire departments and police probably have soemone who knows who's hiring, and if it's a declared disaster, you can probably register somehow with FEMA as a local cleanup contractor.
Hope you get some work.
Oh!, I'm not going. Hopefully work will come around here.......................

Earthwerks Unlimited

Perry is right. I and 30 other guys who (were) friends formed a team and drove over a thousand miles to Mississippi a month after the storm. So-called teams don't work--too much greed, in-fighting, politics, stealing of work, lieing, cheating, etc..---even amongst so-called friends. None of us are friends now. Go off on your own is the best bet. I did Katrina cleanup for 18 months straight. FEMA already has contracts with guys around the country. The best time to make money is the first days after a huge disaster. I was making a grand a day before FEMA stepped in then it was nothing---then I had to work for the the guys who got the FEMA contracts and that was just enough to go broke, which happened later last year. I'm still owed $10,000 and will never see it. In New Orleans I was making $2 per yard to load dumpsters. Only three dumpsters were available for me to fill per day so I grossed $240 that day, but spent $60 on fuel and $120 for a tire repair, so I netted $60, and had to sleep in my truck with one eye open to make sure no one stole my equipment. My suggestion is STAY HOME if you can---unless you can afford to lose everything and have thick skin and are super motivated! Oh and these disasters bring the most unsavoriest characters like fies fies on sh--t like crack heads, drug dealers, thieves, etc.. I had my tools stolen three times in a row in broad daylight while I was in my camper sleeping.

perry

Perry is right. I and 30 other guys who (were) friends formed a team and drove over a thousand miles to Mississippi a month after the storm. So-called teams don't work--too much greed, in-fighting, politics, stealing of work, lieing, cheating, etc..---even amongst so-called friends. None of us are friends now. Go off on your own is the best bet. I did Katrina cleanup for 18 months straight. FEMA already has contracts with guys around the country. The best time to make money is the first days after a huge disaster. I was making a grand a day before FEMA stepped in then it was nothing---then I had to work for the the guys who got the FEMA contracts and that was just enough to go broke, which happened later last year. I'm still owed $10,000 and will never see it. In New Orleans I was making $2 per yard to load dumpsters. Only three dumpsters were available for me to fill per day so I grossed $240 that day, but spent $60 on fuel and $120 for a tire repair, so I netted $60, and had to sleep in my truck with one eye open to make sure no one stole my equipment. My suggestion is STAY HOME if you can---unless you can afford to lose everything and have thick skin and are super motivated! Oh and these disasters bring the most unsavoriest characters like fies fies on sh--t like crack heads, drug dealers, thieves, etc.. I had my tools stolen three times in a row in broad daylight while I was in my camper sleeping.
Insurance firms would probably be best to contact and work with, most homeowners rely on their insurance company to handle everything?.

Latest posts