Tooth Bars

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ancomcabs

Are tooth bars any good? I know a second bucket would be preferred but it is hard to justify considering the amount of use I would give it. Just wondering if they are any good?

jerry

I like my tooth bar, in this red clay a skidsteer simply will not penetrate without it and with it you can dig almost anything.

lesgawlik

I like my tooth bar, in this red clay a skidsteer simply will not penetrate without it and with it you can dig almost anything.
A toothbar in the best bang for the buck in the skidsteer world. They are one of the least expensive add-ons you can get, and I use mine all the time. When I got time, the cutting edge came off and I haven't take the toothbar off or put the cutting edge back on. As above, it you have clay you just can't get into it unless you have a toothbar, even with and 8,000 pound machine.

OP
OP
ancomcabs

ancomcabs

A toothbar in the best bang for the buck in the skidsteer world. They are one of the least expensive add-ons you can get, and I use mine all the time. When I got time, the cutting edge came off and I haven't take the toothbar off or put the cutting edge back on. As above, it you have clay you just can't get into it unless you have a toothbar, even with and 8,000 pound machine.
Thanks, any recomendations on a source, I've seen some of them priced close to the cost of a cheap bucket.
What kind of features to look for ie: type of teeth, etc.

lesgawlik

Thanks, any recomendations on a source, I've seen some of them priced close to the cost of a cheap bucket.
What kind of features to look for ie: type of teeth, etc.
The welding shop I took my machine to made them up. The cost was about $250, and they did a great job. Nine teeth on the bar. This was about the same price as I could have gotten on mailorder, but the shop uses very sturdy stock.

jerry

The welding shop I took my machine to made them up. The cost was about $250, and they did a great job. Nine teeth on the bar. This was about the same price as I could have gotten on mailorder, but the shop uses very sturdy stock.
There was a shop called Markham welding down southern u.s. that had about the best deal , don't know about now. I got mine from the Bobcat dealer , it was almost new and someone had broken the end plate off. I redid it and its been great ever since. got it for $100 ,one of the best deals I ever made.

Latest posts