Tool Review

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
I didn't think it's water as I have a water seperator and never get any water in it ----------I came up with a temporary fix , I bungie corded a 1/3 sheet sander ( with no paper ) to the bottom back of the cabinet and it is doing the job to keep it shaken down , I don't why I never had a blast box sooner in life ---------another blasting tool I picked up is a hand held pistol looking thing called a spot blaster that has a bag on the bottom full of grit and rubber nozzzles that only blast a controllled area , Sears has one called the Vacula that I had been looking at , while at the harbor freight store the other day they had one like it for $9.99 , they do make cheap stuff but i gave it a try , from what I wanted it for it works great , I have a aluminum utillity trailer that I am refinshng and there are a couple of hundred screws that hold the panels together that are steel , they are rusted nd need to be cleaned before painting , I did about 50 in 10 minutes , put the nozzle over the screw and about 15 seconds and it looks new and only does the screw and not the surrounding area
They are great!
The problem is without a cabinet you get COVERED in media. I have a few pictures of myself after blasting 5 wheel rims, i was covered in black sand!!!. Takes so long to clean up after that.....

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

They are great!
The problem is without a cabinet you get COVERED in media. I have a few pictures of myself after blasting 5 wheel rims, i was covered in black sand!!!. Takes so long to clean up after that.....
that media stuff can be "REALLY" bad for your health , some alot more than others , black sand I would figure is full of silica , take care ---------

Tazza

Staff member
that media stuff can be "REALLY" bad for your health , some alot more than others , black sand I would figure is full of silica , take care ---------
Ilmenite has no silica, white beach sand = death, i'd never use beach sand. This is the stuff that they tell me you should use, there are other medias that work better on paint too, but ilmenite works pretty well and is kinda cheap. I collect what i can and re-use it actually, after sifting the large particles out of course, mainly leaves and sticks!