TL130 Takeuchi

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

njharrell

Hey Everyone. I've got a TL130 w/ about 1,800 hours on it. It's been running a little rough lately so i took it in to get serviced. The local shop is telling me that there's a small crack near the air filter, which means that dirt has been sucked down into the engine and they're recommending we need an entirely new engine (about $12,000 with labor). This seems to be a bit excessive to me, has anyone else had a similar issue? Are there any alternatives? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bobcatdan

Well I would say you have two options. When you say a lttle rough, do you mean it runs a lttle rough or does it have a dead miss? If it still starts ok, don't smoke a lot and don't use too much oil, fix the air intake and run it, the damage is already done. If the the thing is on it last legs, then it has to be yanked. That said depending on the damage to the cylinder walls, the black may be repairable. Maybe a short block could be an option. A shop is going to recomand a complete engine because it is the esiest and least likly to have problems way to do it. If you brought to my shop, I would recommand an engine. Now faced with this at home, I would pull the engine and take it to a good engine shop and get their opion on what can be done with it.