TL130 Shutdown

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

HandyMoe

Been a while since I have been on here but maybe the community can help me. I have a TL130 that will not shut down when the key is turned off. I have changed the motor stop switch on the side of the motor (behind the cab) and it still does not work. I am not sure of which relay it is in the front under the kickboard that could be the culprit. Funny thing is yesterday it wouldn't start because it was airbound. I can shut the unit down using the shutdown switch connection which is not a feasible manual shutdown for anyone.... Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
Could it be the solenoid mounted to the engine? the linkages can rust and stick so it either sticks on or sticks off.

OP
OP
H

HandyMoe

Could it be the solenoid mounted to the engine? the linkages can rust and stick so it either sticks on or sticks off.
I changed that with another one the other day. I found the shutdown relay and neither of those helped. I am beginning to think it is the ignition switch itself. Luckily, the weather has not been conducive enough to bring the unit into the shop due to space issues so it has not been a real issue.

Tazza

Staff member
I changed that with another one the other day. I found the shutdown relay and neither of those helped. I am beginning to think it is the ignition switch itself. Luckily, the weather has not been conducive enough to bring the unit into the shop due to space issues so it has not been a real issue.
You have changed out all the other parts, so hopefully the switch is indeed the issue.

OP
OP
H

HandyMoe

You have changed out all the other parts, so hopefully the switch is indeed the issue.
I tried a brand new keyswitch to no avail. I have power going to the horn and room lamp circuit but for some reason do not have it going to the shutdown relay or motor. I am getting power to all 3 fuses in the back of the machine (65A, 45A, and the 45A) I have tested the stop motor to ensure if power is applied it is working. All of the fuses in the box under the right hand control have been verified and checked for continuity. I am beginning to wonder if this is not a cluster gauge issue? The funny thing is that this unit was on rent with no issues until the customer let it go empty and get air bound. Up until then it worked fine.

OP
OP
H

HandyMoe

I tried a brand new keyswitch to no avail. I have power going to the horn and room lamp circuit but for some reason do not have it going to the shutdown relay or motor. I am getting power to all 3 fuses in the back of the machine (65A, 45A, and the 45A) I have tested the stop motor to ensure if power is applied it is working. All of the fuses in the box under the right hand control have been verified and checked for continuity. I am beginning to wonder if this is not a cluster gauge issue? The funny thing is that this unit was on rent with no issues until the customer let it go empty and get air bound. Up until then it worked fine.
FYI there is a wire from the fuse block that could be broken. Instead of trying to put the fuse back in, I merely repositioned the fuse accordingly and my stop motor is once again getting the power it is supposed to receive. I am currently researching to see if there is a adjustment on the stop motor.