tires

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mistersweeper

I have a bobcat A300 with 12 x 16.5 tires. Can I put a lower profile and or narrower tire on. This set of tires is strictly for winter as I have a set of turf tires/rims for summer. I would even be willing to put on different rims if I have to.

skidsteer.ca

These are the only snow tires made for skids that I'm aware of.
THE SNOW WOLF SKID STEER TIRES
The Snow Wolf "WOLF PAW" skid steer traction system is a skid steer tire designed to increase the snow plowing ability of the skid steer traction. It is available in both studded and not studded versions. No longer will you need to use a tire designed for light trucks to push snow with a skid steer tractor. The increase in snow plow performance is phenomenal! Wolf Paw tires replace both 12:00-16.5 and 10:00-16.5 sizes for most skid steer tractors. They also eliminate tire chain clearance issues.
I see no reson why 16" pickup tires would not work either. You will need a narrower rim imo.
Ken

perry

These are the only snow tires made for skids that I'm aware of.
THE SNOW WOLF SKID STEER TIRES
The Snow Wolf "WOLF PAW" skid steer traction system is a skid steer tire designed to increase the snow plowing ability of the skid steer traction. It is available in both studded and not studded versions. No longer will you need to use a tire designed for light trucks to push snow with a skid steer tractor. The increase in snow plow performance is phenomenal! Wolf Paw tires replace both 12:00-16.5 and 10:00-16.5 sizes for most skid steer tractors. They also eliminate tire chain clearance issues.
I see no reson why 16" pickup tires would not work either. You will need a narrower rim imo.
Ken
Turf tires for a bobcat?, never seen those.

WebbCo

The turf tires are wide wide boots, same tread design as garden tractor turf c'ept they're 10 ply, they really cut down on the damage to grass .
Careful on those wheels, the A series wheel has a much bigger hole in the center for that big hub. The bolt pattern is different too. So you would need to buy tires and install them on your wheels or find more A series wheels. Part number 6729990. These are pricey Im sure.
If you found a set of narrow tires I dont think you could mount them to that 12in wheel.

sp6x6

Careful on those wheels, the A series wheel has a much bigger hole in the center for that big hub. The bolt pattern is different too. So you would need to buy tires and install them on your wheels or find more A series wheels. Part number 6729990. These are pricey Im sure.
If you found a set of narrow tires I dont think you could mount them to that 12in wheel.
Iknow this is older thread. Are the 31x12-16.5 tires, high float, the same height as my 10-16.5, standard on s185. I have chains I would like to use on rear for snow on 10-16.5, and not need wheel spacers. But would like to run high floats in genral. Leave high floats on front and run 10" on rear w/chains. This would also give me 2 spares other seasons.

WebbCo

Iknow this is older thread. Are the 31x12-16.5 tires, high float, the same height as my 10-16.5, standard on s185. I have chains I would like to use on rear for snow on 10-16.5, and not need wheel spacers. But would like to run high floats in genral. Leave high floats on front and run 10" on rear w/chains. This would also give me 2 spares other seasons.
31x12x16.5 ? weird size but the 10x16.5 should be the same in height as the 31x12x16.5.
Those super floats should be on a 12x16.5 wheel, not the 10x16.5 wheel.
12x16.5 wheel is 9.750 and the 10x16.5 wheel is 8.250, and should be stamped.
I have seen people put the superfloats on a 10 wheel but it crowns the tire.
Mark

Earthwerks Unlimited

31x12x16.5 ? weird size but the 10x16.5 should be the same in height as the 31x12x16.5.
Those super floats should be on a 12x16.5 wheel, not the 10x16.5 wheel.
12x16.5 wheel is 9.750 and the 10x16.5 wheel is 8.250, and should be stamped.
I have seen people put the superfloats on a 10 wheel but it crowns the tire.
Mark
Putting two different size tires on one side is a recipe for disaster---assuming they have a different loaded radius. And adding tire chains on the rears only--what's that about? Adding chains REALLY changes the loaded radius (loaded radius is measured from the center of the wheel hub to the ground). Wheels on one side MUST turn at the same speed with the tires of the same loaded radius. Otherwise you cause unnecessary drive chain bind up and the tires will fight each other resulting in premature wear and stress to the tire and possibly poor or erratic control.

sp6x6

Putting two different size tires on one side is a recipe for disaster---assuming they have a different loaded radius. And adding tire chains on the rears only--what's that about? Adding chains REALLY changes the loaded radius (loaded radius is measured from the center of the wheel hub to the ground). Wheels on one side MUST turn at the same speed with the tires of the same loaded radius. Otherwise you cause unnecessary drive chain bind up and the tires will fight each other resulting in premature wear and stress to the tire and possibly poor or erratic control.
Thats my question on the tires height, realize the rims are different. Never thought about the chains, changing, but see almost all snow removal guys around here running chains on rear only. On the front they dont do much good w/snow bucket, and w/blower if you break one you risk taking out hydralic lines. Ran chains on rear for 10 plus years? The local dealer has rear chained. Studded chains $300. a set

sp6x6

Thats my question on the tires height, realize the rims are different. Never thought about the chains, changing, but see almost all snow removal guys around here running chains on rear only. On the front they dont do much good w/snow bucket, and w/blower if you break one you risk taking out hydralic lines. Ran chains on rear for 10 plus years? The local dealer has rear chained. Studded chains $300. a set. My question is from front to rear relationship. Maybe I will measure a 31'' next to a standard on 16.5 w/ chain on this would answer ?. Also do the over the tire tracks like McLaren fit over the 31x12-16.5 tires on s205 or do you need spacers. I'm trying to see if it would be worth having the hi floats, I see a fair amount of guys running them around here. Would like OTT, ULTIMATELY but costy