Tires

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cmb97

i am in need of a new set of tires and am wondering if tire size 13.6-16.5 would fit on my machine which has 10-16.5 and if so would it take to much power away with the larger tire

tsanders

cmb97 don't see why wider tires would hurt your power that much if any. they will give you a lesser pounds per square inch on the ground but will help give you better flotation.you just need to be sure you have enough clearence for that size tire.

pondfishr

cmb97 don't see why wider tires would hurt your power that much if any. they will give you a lesser pounds per square inch on the ground but will help give you better flotation.you just need to be sure you have enough clearence for that size tire.
Just be careful to make sure that all four are the same size. It is hard on the chaincase to run mismatched tires.

Tazza

Staff member
Just be careful to make sure that all four are the same size. It is hard on the chaincase to run mismatched tires.
Very true! If you need to replace one tyre you should replace both on one side. You see people advertising that they have new tyres on the front and worn on the back, thats a big NO NO. Worst case this can break drive chains.
I also see no problems with wider tyres but if you go for a larger diameter you need to be sure it won't rub on the lift arms when they are down, there really isn't a lot of clearance here, especially if you use tracks.