Timing Chain/Belts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

864wood

I just had the bobcat repair guy helping me put on my new replacement track and doing the 250hr service and the conversation turned to the timing chain. It turns out that my machine has a Deutz engine and when the chain breaks it bends all the rods. So a relatively easy repair becomes a full day repair in the feild and more parts. He mentioned possibly replacing at 1500hrs , but he also said the machine might go another 2000hrs with no problems. The loader I have has @1340hrs. Any comments or experience would be appreciated.

StuZ

OK I'll help you out here. The Deutz M1011 engine you have has a timing belt. Deutz/Bobcat would like to see you change the belt every 3000.0 hours OR 5 years. It is not an easy job, and most ppl that don't know the M1011 engine should probably stay away from this job. You have one of the best engines of that horsepower made, and is worth taking care of Just remember to keep it clean and free of leaks, and if you every thought of using synthetic oil, this would be the perfect engine, as you know it is an OIL cooled engine

OP
OP

864wood

OK I'll help you out here. The Deutz M1011 engine you have has a timing belt. Deutz/Bobcat would like to see you change the belt every 3000.0 hours OR 5 years. It is not an easy job, and most ppl that don't know the M1011 engine should probably stay away from this job. You have one of the best engines of that horsepower made, and is worth taking care of Just remember to keep it clean and free of leaks, and if you every thought of using synthetic oil, this would be the perfect engine, as you know it is an OIL cooled engine
Many thanks! My feild mechanic is a 33 yr veteran of Ingersol-Rand and has worked on the assembly line, sales, service, plant rep, feild super and finally he just does the field work in retirement. I feel I can trust this guy, but being a true bobcat rep/mech he was noy going to make any proclamations that would get him into trouble. Never hurts to ask the public and thanks again.

Latest posts