The Brushcat is awesome

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

500K_773

I had rented the 60" Brushcat rotary cutter last fall, right after we moved into a new house so I could mow an old hayfield and clear brush from around my yard. It did a good job on the hay (don't know how many years it had grown wild), but it did clump up sometimes. No problem, just back up a little and hit it again. In the brush it was great! I was mowing down and mulching thick alder groves and willows. Bobcat rates it up to 3" diameter trees, but I was getting some 4" diameter ones with out any problems.
The Brushcat saves so much labor. It does all the cutting and mulching in one pass. No having to cut brush down, then haul it away or burn it. I was having so much fun cutting everything down, my wife made me stop because she didn't want me to clear everything on our lot :) It made a world of difference around the place. I should have taken before and after pictures to show prospective clients. In fact, I am planning on shooting a commercial featuring the Brushcat for my business. Once I get my website up and running, I plan on putting a video clip there also. The Bobcat video of mowing grass does not show the potential of this attachment, you have to see it mowing down brush and small trees. AWESOME!
I want to try the front rollers this year because it had a tendancy to bleed off the tilt hydraulics and nose down a little. Not too bad though, just a little correction now and then. I'm going to buy one either this month or next month. Just wish I had a high flow machine to be able to use the 90" wide one.

OP
OP
500K_773

500K_773

Just an update. I was showing a co-worker the video abou the Brushcat on Bobcat.com today and saw they have a new video. It shows the Brushcat in operation with brush and with small trees, and even shows the hydraulic motor and cutting blades.