The Avatar Blues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
Owensge has to fix this, he is the site owner, the space in your username is the problem but he can sort it out.

owensge

Owensge has to fix this, he is the site owner, the space in your username is the problem but he can sort it out.
Sorry, it took me so long. Give it a try and let me know if you are still having issues.

OP
OP
SkidRoe

SkidRoe

Sorry, it took me so long. Give it a try and let me know if you are still having issues.
Hi owensge,
I still couldn't get it to work. I keep getting the following message:
"File exceeds max allowed:4096KB"
The file is only 16.5kb in size.
Please help.
SR

Tazza

Staff member
Hi owensge,
I still couldn't get it to work. I keep getting the following message:
"File exceeds max allowed:4096KB"
The file is only 16.5kb in size.
Please help.
SR
Could it be too large in pixles wide and high?

OP
OP
SkidRoe

SkidRoe

Send the file as an attachment to me at [email protected].
Hi Geoff,
After a long absence, I tried to upload my avatar again today. I noticed that you removed the space from my user name, so I figured that I would give it another try.
No luck. I am still getting the "file is larger than 4096 kb" error message. The file I am trying to upload is a jpeg and is 17kb in size.
Help!!

owensge

Hi Geoff,
After a long absence, I tried to upload my avatar again today. I noticed that you removed the space from my user name, so I figured that I would give it another try.
No luck. I am still getting the "file is larger than 4096 kb" error message. The file I am trying to upload is a jpeg and is 17kb in size.
Help!!
Can you email it to me so I can check it out?

Tigerhaze

Hi Geoff,
Just sent it. You should see it soon - subject line is "SkidRoe's Avatar".
Thanks,
SR
Hi-
I am getting the same error (max size of 4096 kb) as SkidRoe when posting an avatar. I made sure it was 80 by 80 pixels (file size is 8 kb) and my username doesn't have a space as best as I can tell.Thanks.

owensge

Hi-
I am getting the same error (max size of 4096 kb) as SkidRoe when posting an avatar. I made sure it was 80 by 80 pixels (file size is 8 kb) and my username doesn't have a space as best as I can tell.Thanks.
What browser/version are you using? Send me a copy of the file and I'll see if I can load it on the backend...